fpw   06-26-2006, 10:14 AM
[SIZE="3"]Watched this last night. Has anyone else seen it? Are you as confused as I? If anyone can provide a little coherence, I'd appreciate it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
The Mad American   06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Watched this last night. Has anyone else seen it? Are you as confused as I? If anyone can provide a little coherence, I'd appreciate it.[/SIZE]

This was the Australian one right? If so I could only wish I could provide coherance to this. The first 3/4 of the movie seemed to have tongue planted firmly in cheek, at least I hope it did. Then the last 1/4 when the aliens and everything else get thrown into the barrel it becomes completely lost and makes absolutely no sense.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

APhew   06-26-2006, 01:41 PM
I'll give it a shot.

WARNING - SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE "UNDEAD".

Bad Alien plague or virus contained in meteors crash down to our planet and infect whatever they touch. Good aliens follow along behind them and erect a wall around the infected area (Um... hello? "Stinger" by Robert McCammon? They so totally ripped him off). The good aliens then send down a rain that marks any humans (if it touches their skin) and they show up on some radar on the alien ship far above. They then transport the "marked" people into "safe space" above the rain clouds. Once everyone has been picked up they are "cured" and then the aliens put them back, pack up their shit, and go home. Only this time the yahoo in the plane made it over the wall and ended up re-infecting the population. I'm guessing that the aliens figured their job was done and without any more meteors falling they didn't know the problem still existed.

That's my take.
fpw   06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
APhew Wrote:That's my take.

[SIZE="3"]Well, that helps the movie make a lot more sense. Did you get that from the movie itself? None of that was clear to me. But then, I was signing tip-in sheets through the whole thing so maybe I missed a thing or two. Those people floating above the cloud was one hell of an arresting image.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Well, that helps the movie make a lot more sense. Did you get that from the movie itself? None of that was clear to me. But then, I was signing tip-in sheets through the whole thing so maybe I missed a thing or two. Those people floating above the cloud was one hell of an arresting image.[/SIZE]

What is a tip-in sheet? And why must they be signed?:confused:
fpw   06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What is a tip-in sheet? And why must they be signed?:confused:

[SIZE="3"]That's what they call signature pages for signed editions. I sign them, then the bindery "tips" them in. (Don't ask me more than that because I've never seen it done.) These were for The Tery.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
APhew   06-26-2006, 04:16 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Well, that helps the movie make a lot more sense. Did you get that from the movie itself? None of that was clear to me. But then, I was signing tip-in sheets through the whole thing so maybe I missed a thing or two. Those people floating above the cloud was one hell of an arresting image.[/SIZE]

That's just from watching the movie three times. I was pretty confused the first time, but on the subsequent viewings I came to my own conclusions. These aren't official, just what I thought it all meant. I bet the commentary track(s) would clear things up even further, but I haven't done those yet.
Yang^Guo   06-26-2006, 11:48 PM
APhew Wrote:Bad Alien plague or virus contained in meteors crash down to our planet and infect whatever they touch. Good aliens follow along behind them and erect a wall around the infected area (Um... hello? "Stinger" by Robert McCammon? They so totally ripped him off).

I don't know about Robert McCammon but the bad alien plague in meteors idea sounds exactly like an old Christopher Pike book called Monsters.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Sam   06-27-2006, 07:17 PM
APhew Wrote:I'll give it a shot.

WARNING - SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE "UNDEAD".

Bad Alien plague or virus contained in meteors crash down to our planet and infect whatever they touch. Good aliens follow along behind them and erect a wall around the infected area (Um... hello? "Stinger" by Robert McCammon? They so totally ripped him off). The good aliens then send down a rain that marks any humans (if it touches their skin) and they show up on some radar on the alien ship far above. They then transport the "marked" people into "safe space" above the rain clouds. Once everyone has been picked up they are "cured" and then the aliens put them back, pack up their shit, and go home. Only this time the yahoo in the plane made it over the wall and ended up re-infecting the population. I'm guessing that the aliens figured their job was done and without any more meteors falling they didn't know the problem still existed.

That's my take.

Addition to the spoiler....

The "rain" washes away the infection before the humans are transported to the safe place. The humans think the rain is what causes the infection in the first place and that's why they avoid it like the plague, literally. Other than that, your take is mine as well. I liked this movie! Purposely shot as a B-flick with just enough good scenes to keep the (re)viewer's outlook undecided. Lots of laughs.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K