Kenji   06-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I rarely see current Japanese movie. But I have an interest to this movie.

[SIZE="3"]Death Note[/SIZE]

Light Yagami is a bright young high school student who has until recently led a boring and uneventful life. That changed very quickly when he found a strange notebook with the title "Death Note" lying on the ground one day in 2003. After realizing that the "Death Note" was a Shinigami's tool with the power to kill anyone whose name was written on its pages, Light decided to use it to "cleanse" the world of evil. And soon the many unexplainable deaths of criminals reported.......

It's weird isn't it? Check this official site and trailer. http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

Shinigami = The god of death
webby   06-16-2006, 10:20 AM
That sounds really interesting! Definitely a potential "monkey's paw" situation. I hope it will be released with subtitles in the U.S.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
webby Wrote:That sounds really interesting! Definitely a potential "monkey's paw" situation. I hope it will be released with subtitles in the U.S.

I guess so too. The idea is like "The Twilight Zone". So I guess Hollywood will remake this like "The Ring" and "Ju-On".
cobalt   06-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Kenji Wrote:I rarely see current Japanese movie. But I have an interest to this movie.

[SIZE="3"]Death Note[/SIZE]

Light Yagami is a bright young high school student who has until recently led a boring and uneventful life. That changed very quickly when he found a strange notebook with the title "Death Note" lying on the ground one day in 2003. After realizing that the "Death Note" was a Shinigami's tool with the power to kill anyone whose name was written on its pages, Light decided to use it to "cleanse" the world of evil. And soon the many unexplainable deaths of criminals reported.......

It's weird isn't it? Check this official site and trailer. http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

Shinigami = The god of death
That sounds like a good one Kenji, I do hope they sub-tittle the movie in English. Otherwise we'll just "rip-off" another Japanese movie idea! :p
This post was last modified: 06-17-2006, 10:46 AM by cobalt.

EWMAN
Kenji   06-17-2006, 10:38 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:That sounds like a good one Kenji, I do hope they sub-tittle the movie in English. Otherwise we'll just "rip-off" another Japenese movie idea! :p

Hahaha! Maybe! Big Grin

I think Sam Raimi would remake it.
cobalt   06-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Kenji Wrote:Hahaha! Maybe! Big Grin

I think Sam Raimi would remake it.
As long as it's not Michael Mann! :eek:

EWMAN
Kenji   06-17-2006, 11:13 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:As long as it's not Michael Mann! :eek:

Nah! This movie is not Michael Mann's type. Maybe he won't try to make horror films anymore! Big Grin
Yang^Guo   06-18-2006, 11:18 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

This movie is based on a Japanese manga by the same name.

At first the idea was pretty interesting; in the first few issues you really get hooked into the story, especially how Light outsmarts the police who try to track him down. It got quite boring after L died though.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.