nonsun blob a   06-13-2004, 02:23 PM
The other day I was in the book store I frequent in the poetry section, when I looked to my left and, at eye level, sat The Haunted Air, completely in the wrong section, and the only RepairMan Jack book I don't have yet. Some divine force must truly love me, although I'll keep my fingers crossed as I hope that it's not the otherness.
PS. sorry if this is uneventful, uninteresting or irrelevant.
Tim Hatch   06-13-2004, 05:00 PM
nonsun blob a Wrote:The other day I was in the book store I frequent in the poetry section, when I looked to my left and, at eye level, sat The Haunted Air, completely in the wrong section, and the only RepairMan Jack book I don't have yet. Some divine force must truly love me, although I'll keep my fingers crossed as I hope that it's not the otherness.

Paul is a doctor and an author, but he has other "talents" too.
Biggles   06-13-2004, 06:52 PM
nonsun blob a Wrote:The other day I was in the book store I frequent in the poetry section, when I looked to my left and, at eye level, sat The Haunted Air, completely in the wrong section, and the only RepairMan Jack book I don't have yet. Some divine force must truly love me, although I'll keep my fingers crossed as I hope that it's not the otherness.

I can assure you that The Otherness loves nobody, including you. One of R-----m's minions could never touch one of Paul's books, lest he should be cleaved (cloven?, required to go to Cleveland?) by a firey sword of divine retribution, or at least get some nasty burns on the tips of his fingers. Anyway, can you get me some Powerball tickets? Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jimbow8   06-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Biggles Wrote:I can assure you that The Otherness loves nobody, including you. One of R-----m's minions could never touch one of Paul's books, lest he should be cleaved (cloven?, required to go to Cleveland?) by a firey sword of divine retribution, or at least get some nasty burns on the tips of his fingers. Anyway, can you get me some Powerball tickets? Big Grin
Required to go to Cleveland?! ARGH! That must be a fate worse than death to a Stealers fan. Kinda like a Cowboys fan such as myself going to Philadelphia.

Say, were you a fan of the Phil-Pitt Steagles? :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   06-13-2004, 11:43 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Required to go to Cleveland?! ARGH! That must be a fate worse than death to a Stealers fan. Kinda like a Cowboys fan such as myself going to Philadelphia.

Say, were you a fan of the Phil-Pitt Steagles? :p

1. It's pronounced "Stillers" in the 'Burgh.

2. Since I wasn't around in '43, I wasn't able to root for the Steagles in their sole season of existence, but I would have.

Only sign of life in Cleveland: Pittsburgh-178 miles. Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
InfinityLtd   06-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Biggles Wrote:1. It's pronounced "Stillers" in the 'Burgh.

2. Since I wasn't around in '43, I wasn't able to root for the Steagles in their sole season of existence, but I would have.

Only sign of life in Cleveland: Pittsburgh-178 miles. Big Grin

Go Stillers! Big Grin

Eric S. Bauman

"Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there." -- John Barth

"All things serve the Beam." -- Stephen King

Paper clips: the larval stage of coat hangers.