Kenji   06-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Today I went to used book store, and I got two books. One of them is anthology book, "Revelation". I like anthology book. I can enjoy many stories in one book....Anyway I found out "Revelation". Clive Barker, Joe R. Lansdale, David Morrell, F.Paul Wilson.....wait a minute.....F. Paul Wilson's "Aryans and Absinthe"!?!? That was a moment of big surprise. I've never heard that short story before.

Previously I read "Bugs" in Fantasy & Science Fiction. "Bugs" was also not included in collections, "The Barrens and Others" or "Soft and Others".

Now I'm sure many FPW's short stories were included to anthology books. But I don't know what books they are. So I have one question. Please tell me short stories included in anthologies but not included in collections.
APhew   06-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Kenji Wrote:Please tell me short stories included in anthologies but not included in collections.

There are many out there that will be combined into the future collection "Aftershock and Others". But to answer your question here are the stories that are in anthologies that haven't been collected yet (to my knowledge):

"Dreams"
"The November Game"
"Foet"
"When He Was Fab"
"Itsy Bitsy Spider"
(The one in the David Copperfield anthology that I can't type)
"Offshore"
"Aryans and Absinthe"
"Lysing towards Bethlehem"
"Night Dive"
"Aftershock"
"Anna"
"Performance"
"Sole Custody"
"Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong"
"Part of the Game"

RJ Uncollected:

"The Long Way Home" (although it is available as a d/l from Amazon)
"The Wringer"
"Interlude at Duane's"

I'm sure I missed a few. To find their sources, just check out the bibliography in the FAQ (below my sig, which needs updated) or click on "About" at the top.
fpw   06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
[SIZE="3"]Here's the credits page from Aftershock & Others:[/SIZE]

"Dreams" © 1991 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in THE ULTIMATE FRANKENSTEIN (Dell/BPVP)

"The November Game" © 1991 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES (Penguin/ROC)

"Please Don't Hurt Me" © 1991 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in MASQUES IV (Maclay)

"Foet" © 1991 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in BORDERLANDS 2 (Borderlands Press)

"When He Was Fab" © 1992 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in Weird Tales (#305 - Winter 1992/93)

"Itsy Bitsy Spider" © 1995 by F. Paul Wilson and Meggan C. Wilson – first appeared in GREAT WRITERS AND KIDS WRITE SPOOKY STORIES (Random House). Reprinted with permission.

"<the answer>" © 1995 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in DAVID COPPERFIELD'S TALES OF THE IMPOSSIBLE (HarperCollins)

"Offshore" © 1996 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in DIAGNOSIS: TERMINAL (Forge)

"Aryans and Absinthe" © 1997 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in REVELATIONS (HarperCollins)

“Lysing Toward Bethlehem” © 1998 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in IMAGINATION FULLY DILATED (Cemetery Dance Press)

“Aftershock” © 1999 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in Realms of Fantasy (Vol. 6, #2 – December 1999)

“Anna” © 2000 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in IMAGINATION FULLY DILATED - 2 (IFD Publishing)

“Sole Custody” © 2004 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in QUIETLY NOW (Borderlands Press)

“Part of the Game” © 2005 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in DARK DELICACIES (Carroll & Graf)

“Incident at Duane’s” © 2006 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in THRILLER (Mira)

“Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong” © 2006 by F. Paul Wilson – first appeared in RETRO PULP TALES (Subterranean Press)

[SIZE="3"]"Night Dive," "Bugs," and "Peformance" were left out because of space restrictions.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Marc   06-04-2006, 02:22 PM
fpw Wrote:"Night Dive," "Bugs," and "Peformance" were left out because of space restrictions.

How does the publisher come up with these restrictions? How many more pages would thse stories add to the collection?
fpw   06-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Marc B. Wrote:How does the publisher come up with these restrictions? How many more pages would thse stories add to the collection?

[SIZE="3"]It's a long, involved story -- the balance between price point and length and number of signatures (not the kind done with a pen) and type size, along with the fact that this is a collection and collections don't sell well (unless you're the K-Man).[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   06-04-2006, 05:25 PM
APhew Wrote:There are many out there that will be combined into the future collection "Aftershock and Others". But to answer your question here are the stories that are in anthologies that haven't been collected yet (to my knowledge):

I'm sure I missed a few. To find their sources, just check out the bibliography in the FAQ (below my sig, which needs updated) or click on "About" at the top.

fpw Wrote:Here's the credits page from Aftershock & Others:

"Night Dive," "Bugs," and "Peformance" were left out because of space restrictions.

Thank you, Aphew! Thank you Paul! Thanks for the list! Wow, Paul....I didn't know that you wrote such many short stories! If I got "Aftershock & Others", I can read them, but I want to read other author's stories. I'll search anthologies.

But I don't understand why "Bugs" leave out for space restrictions....
fpw   06-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Kenji Wrote:But I don't understand why "Bugs" leave out for space restrictions....

[SIZE="3"]Since "Bugs" is part of [SIZE="3"]Nightworld[/SIZE], and thus available, it was the first to go.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
Kenji   06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Since "Bugs" is part of [SIZE="3"]Nightworld[/SIZE], and thus available, it was the first to go.[/SIZE]

Ah, I see..............but it's too bad. "Bugs" was very weird and creepy. I liked that!Big Grin
JSWolf   05-25-2012, 01:13 AM
fpw Wrote:"Night Dive," "Bugs," and "Peformance" were left out because of space restrictions.

But could they not have been put in one of the eBook collections since there is no space restrictions there?