fpw   05-18-2006, 09:50 PM
[SIZE="3"]I liked the first one, but this sequel sort of left me . . . not cold, but cool. It's got a Man on Fire scenario but Jason Statham can't do the murderous cold soul Denzel projected. And the fight scenes . . . no one likes cool chop-socky better than yrs trly, but when it gets cartoony I drop out of the story. Cool firehose sequence though. It's worth seeing, but keep the remote handy. I don't think there'll be a #3.

FF=3[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   05-19-2006, 11:52 AM
You know, I was kinda disappointed in the first Transporter, so I didn't bother to see this. I absolutely love Statham in SNATCH (don't remember much about Lock, Stock, etc), so I had high hopes for him. I hope he gets some good roles in the future.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   05-19-2006, 07:38 PM
The firehose was pretty damn cool, but they lost me at the -removal of the bomb from the bottom of the car- scene. I thought they were going for a serious action flick, then someone on here told me the cheese was intentional. That changed my initial bad view of this film, but it's still not one I'd buy. I think Statham could be a really good action star with the right director, though.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Noelie   05-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Remember the thread about Jessica Alba's butt in whatever movie that was? Well, this movie is the female version of that. Jason Statham. FF=0. :p

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Noelie Wrote:Remember the thread about Jessica Alba's butt in whatever movie that was? Well, this movie is the female version of that. Jason Statham. FF=0. :p

Jason Statham's butt....? Yikes! :p Big Grin
Noelie   05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Kenji Wrote:Jason Statham's butt....? Yikes! :p Big Grin

No. Well, yes. But not only his butt. The whole package. Wink

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Noelie Wrote:No. Well, yes. But not only his butt. The whole package. Wink

LOLBig Grin

Well......I don't expect that, but I'll go to see this movie at June 3. I liked first one. So I have to try part 2. Till then, I'll leave from this thread because I don't wanna get any spoilers.Wink
Kenji   06-03-2006, 09:18 AM
As I said, today I went to a theater see "Transporter 2", and I enjoyed it. Some scenes were funny and I wanted to shout "That's impossible!" The scene of the car jump to another building was okay. It was pretty good action scene like other action movies. But the scene of removal of bomb from the bottom of the car was unbelievable.....that made me laugh.Big Grin

Once, Gene Hackman chased train by car in "French Connection". But Jason Statham chased chopper by car! What a crazy guy!