Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   05-13-2006, 11:02 PM
saynomore Wrote:P.S. Did the film-makers really have to wait till 6-6-06 to release this movie? Oy vey!

That's interesting.

In Japan, release date is 6-10-06.
Biggles   05-14-2006, 12:07 AM
neotank Wrote:I agree, the original Omen is one of the top ten best horror films ever IMO.

I won't be seeing the remake as a matter of principle. The original was a classic. Why remake Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Unthinkable!!!!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Kenji   05-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Biggles Wrote:I won't be seeing the remake as a matter of principle. The original was a classic. Why remake Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Unthinkable!!!!

Don't worry. I think nobody does remake "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". That's Monty Python's original. Nobody can remake it.
Biggles   05-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Kenji Wrote:Don't worry. I think nobody does remake "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". That's Monty Python's original. Nobody can remake it.

Kenji, you are a man of true taste!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Sigokat   08-16-2006, 03:38 AM
I just saw this remake last night. I'll say that it was better then I expected it to be. I am a fan of the original with Gregory Peck, but I think the Liev Schrieber did a pretty good job.

I've only seen the original once, so the only parts I really remembered were the cemetary/jackal scene and the climax in the church which were all pretty much the same in this one as the original. Everyone says the journalist beheading scene in the original was classic, but I'm having a hard time remembering it....guess I'll just have to buy it on DVD now.

Overall I was entertained by THE OMEN remake and I did jump a few times so in the end I was happy. The only thing I didn't like was the kid who played Damien. IMO he looked more bored then evil. I mean hell, you're the son of Satan...act like it!!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   08-16-2006, 04:52 AM
sigokat Wrote:I just saw this remake last night. I'll say that it was better then I expected it to be. I am a fan of the original with Gregory Peck, but I think the Liev Schrieber did a pretty good job.

I've only seen the original once, so the only parts I really remembered were the cemetary/jackal scene and the climax in the church which were all pretty much the same in this one as the original. Everyone says the journalist beheading scene in the original was classic, but I'm having a hard time remembering it....guess I'll just have to buy it on DVD now.

Overall I was entertained by THE OMEN remake and I did jump a few times so in the end I was happy. The only thing I didn't like was the kid who played Damien. IMO he looked more bored then evil. I mean hell, you're the son of Satan...act like it!!!

You liked it? Good for you.Wink

But I won't see remake. I also haven't seen remade "Amityville Horror" and "The Fog". To me, "THE OMEN" is Gregory Peck's version. Who'd like to see remake "The Exorcist"? No! Nobody can puke like Linda Blair. Who'd like to see remake "Helloween"? No! Nobody can scream like Jamie Lee Curtis.
Pages (2):    1 2