Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
KRW   04-26-2006, 10:11 PM
peachynat Wrote:I sit here shaking my head at this astounding revelation.... :eek: One episode?? KRW you gotta catch some reruns or something.

I don't mean to put down "Seifeld" in anyway, but it wasn't my bag. I've also learned from other shows that multiple veiwings doesn't change me. I do feel like I've missed out on something because it was so popular. But after "The Dukes Of Hazzard", t.v. has just gone downhill.Smile

KRW
jimbow8   04-26-2006, 10:20 PM
KRW Wrote:I don't mean to put down "Seifeld" in anyway, but it wasn't my bag. I've also learned from other shows that multiple veiwings doesn't change me. I do feel like I've missed out on something because it was so popular. But after "The Dukes Of Hazzard", t.v. has just gone downhill.Smile

KRW
Except for The A-Team, you mean of course. Right!?!?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Dave   04-27-2006, 05:54 AM
jaybird Wrote:Hey Dave? I've got a question. Do ya'll in the UK find the humor in the US sometimes hard to follow? I know when I watch British TV shows I sometimes find the humor hard to follow. Then again, maybe I'm just a bit slow.:confused:
Due to the exposure we get to US shows I'd say no. Seinfeld never took off in the UK, possibly due to bad scheduling, possibly due to the humour just not working on the mainstream, I didn't mind it, but didn't love it.

Shows like Friends, Cheers and Frasier (especially Frasier) hit the right note for UK audiences.

Recently I thought Arrested Development was one of the funniest things I've seen from anywhere in the world, but it is little known over here (again, bad scheduling).

Curb Your Enthusiasm also has a dedicated following in the UK, but again, not mainstream.

Your generic sitcoms are popular here now and again, but rarely make prime time viewing on our principal channels (BBC1 and ITV), they are more likely shown on BBC2, Channel 4 or Channel 5. The same goes for US dramas.

Dave
jaybird   04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Dave Wrote:Due to the exposure we get to US shows I'd say no. Seinfeld never took off in the UK, possibly due to bad scheduling, possibly due to the humour just not working on the mainstream, I didn't mind it, but didn't love it.

Shows like Friends, Cheers and Frasier (especially Frasier) hit the right note for UK audiences.

Recently I thought Arrested Development was one of the funniest things I've seen from anywhere in the world, but it is little known over here (again, bad scheduling).

Curb Your Enthusiasm also has a dedicated following in the UK, but again, not mainstream.

Your generic sitcoms are popular here now and again, but rarely make prime time viewing on our principal channels (BBC1 and ITV), they are more likely shown on BBC2, Channel 4 or Channel 5. The same goes for US dramas.

Dave
Okay. Thanks. Now I don't feel quite so stupid. Uh.... wait a minute... DAMN! That feeling of stupidness is still there. I guess I'm stuck with it.

:p A good horror story will keep you up at night
jaybird   04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Dejo just weighed in with his answers. He now shares first place with HaroldDemure, Peachynat and Dave Strorm. Congradulations Dejo. FYI, the players in first place missed none of there questions. If any of you have any Seinfeld problems or issues, these are the people to ask.Cool

jimbow8   04-27-2006, 10:14 AM
jaybird Wrote:Dejo just weighed in with his answers. He now shares first place with HaroldDemure, Peachynat and Dave Strorm. Congradulations Dejo. FYI, the players in first place missed none of there questions. If any of you have any Seinfeld problems or issues, these are the people to ask.Cool
Seinfeld problems or issues?!?!

.....Well, I could use a new latex salesman...... :p Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
jaybird   04-27-2006, 10:47 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Seinfeld problems or issues?!?!

.....Well, I could use a new latex salesman...... :p Big Grin
Would that be condoms or gloves?

dejo   04-27-2006, 02:43 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:.....Well, I could use a new latex salesman...... :p Big Grin

Vandelay Industries! Say Vandelay Industries!
Scott Miller   04-27-2006, 02:53 PM
dejo Wrote:Vandelay Industries! Say Vandelay Industries!

While bursting out of the bathroom with your drawers around your ankles.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
dejo Wrote:Vandelay Industries! Say Vandelay Industries!
Scott Miller Wrote:While bursting out of the bathroom with your drawers around your ankles.
... and YOU wanna be my latex salesman!?!?!? Rolleyes

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4