Keith the Elder   04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Finally saw WOTW and in special features, old Steve said he wanted to personalize the film so he had the aliens use machines buried thousands/millions(?) of years ago, because everyone has them come in spaceships Yeah, good idea - if you want to totally discredit the film.

That would be like the US burying 1000 Model T's in Europe for a surprise attack in 2096. I mean, come on, did the aliens really think that in the passing millenia they would never be able to improve their ass-kickin' technology.

And another thing.....If they were here before, why didn't they pack some antibiotics this time.

All in all a decent film, save for Steve's "fingerprint"

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
jimbow8   04-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Finally saw WOTW and in special features, old Steve said he wanted to personalize the film so he had the aliens use machines buried thousands/millions(?) of years ago, because everyone has them come in spaceships Yeah, good idea - if you want to totally discredit the film.

That would be like the US burying 1000 Model T's in Europe for a surprise attack in 2096. I mean, come on, did the aliens really think that in the passing millenia they would never be able to improve their ass-kickin' technology.

And another thing.....If they were here before, why didn't they pack some antibiotics this time.

All in all a decent film, save for Steve's "fingerprint"
Oh, I had a lot more problems with it than that, but I still enjoyed it as a summer action flick.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Medusa   04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
If these things had been buried for a long time, how come no one has come across them during any building construction? That was my peeve.
neotank   04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
I can see where you're coming from, but c'mon that was one great flick! You just had to see this movie on the big screen though. It literally was twice as good at the show.

I'd rather have a great movie with a couple flaws then an accurate piece of garbage Smile
Medusa   04-11-2006, 09:16 PM
The special effects were awesome. I still watch the dvd all the time. When the street started turning. . . so cool.
Maggers   04-11-2006, 11:17 PM
I've seen it 3 times, twice at the movies and again at home. Still love it, flaws and all. Still gets me. Love that FABULOUS trumpeting sound the aliens make.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Terry Willacker   04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I prefer the Gene Barry version. I didn't think this version even came close to that one. Also the Orson Welles radio recording is a lot of fun.
neotank   04-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Maggers Wrote:I've seen it 3 times, twice at the movies and again at home. Still love it, flaws and all. Still gets me. Love that FABULOUS trumpeting sound the aliens make.

You're right on with that trumpeting sound. Was creepy.