RepairmanJack.com Forums
War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch (/thread-1598.html)

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - Keith the Elder - 04-11-2006

Finally saw WOTW and in special features, old Steve said he wanted to personalize the film so he had the aliens use machines buried thousands/millions(?) of years ago, because everyone has them come in spaceships Yeah, good idea - if you want to totally discredit the film.

That would be like the US burying 1000 Model T's in Europe for a surprise attack in 2096. I mean, come on, did the aliens really think that in the passing millenia they would never be able to improve their ass-kickin' technology.

And another thing.....If they were here before, why didn't they pack some antibiotics this time.

All in all a decent film, save for Steve's "fingerprint"

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - jimbow8 - 04-11-2006

Keith the Elder Wrote:Finally saw WOTW and in special features, old Steve said he wanted to personalize the film so he had the aliens use machines buried thousands/millions(?) of years ago, because everyone has them come in spaceships Yeah, good idea - if you want to totally discredit the film.

That would be like the US burying 1000 Model T's in Europe for a surprise attack in 2096. I mean, come on, did the aliens really think that in the passing millenia they would never be able to improve their ass-kickin' technology.

And another thing.....If they were here before, why didn't they pack some antibiotics this time.

All in all a decent film, save for Steve's "fingerprint"
Oh, I had a lot more problems with it than that, but I still enjoyed it as a summer action flick.

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - Medusa - 04-11-2006

If these things had been buried for a long time, how come no one has come across them during any building construction? That was my peeve.

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - neotank - 04-11-2006

I can see where you're coming from, but c'mon that was one great flick! You just had to see this movie on the big screen though. It literally was twice as good at the show.

I'd rather have a great movie with a couple flaws then an accurate piece of garbage Smile

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - Medusa - 04-11-2006

The special effects were awesome. I still watch the dvd all the time. When the street started turning. . . so cool.

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - Maggers - 04-11-2006

I've seen it 3 times, twice at the movies and again at home. Still love it, flaws and all. Still gets me. Love that FABULOUS trumpeting sound the aliens make.

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - Terry Willacker - 04-12-2006

I prefer the Gene Barry version. I didn't think this version even came close to that one. Also the Orson Welles radio recording is a lot of fun.

War of the Worlds- Spielberg's personal touch - neotank - 04-13-2006

Maggers Wrote:I've seen it 3 times, twice at the movies and again at home. Still love it, flaws and all. Still gets me. Love that FABULOUS trumpeting sound the aliens make.

You're right on with that trumpeting sound. Was creepy.