Kenji   04-08-2006, 05:38 AM
In 1968, Mel Brooks made comedic musical, "The Producers". That was my favorite film, and of course I have DVD. Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder were funny and great. 38 years later, Mel Brooks remade it.

The title is...."The Producers".

Today I went to see The Producers. In this remake version, two characters are Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. Sometimes they were hysterics and noisy but also very FUNNY! Their songs and dance were all wonderful. Yeah, they were excellent but Will Ferrell defeated them, and no mistake! Big Grin

For all guys. Uma Thurman is men's fantasy! She's beautiful and sexy and funny Swedish lady. I've never seen her comedic character.

Previously I learned the words "Break the leg" in another thread, and now I understood when and how Americans use those words. But funny point was one character really broke own leg in this movie. I couldn't stop a laugh!Big Grin

If I have a opportunity to go to New York, I want to see Broadway musical version of The Producers. I like this musical!
cobalt   04-08-2006, 11:53 AM
You're in for a treat Kenji if you get to see the Producers on Broadway. Great play, writer and lots of laughs. Mel Brooks is one of my favorite movie makers. Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety.............the list goes on and on.

EWMAN
Kenji   04-08-2006, 09:25 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:You're in for a treat Kenji if you get to see the Producers on Broadway. Great play, writer and lots of laughs. Mel Brooks is one of my favorite movie makers. Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety.............the list goes on and on.

Young Frankenstein! Don't forget Young Frankenstein. I like that one!Big Grin
cobalt   04-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Kenji Wrote:Young Frankenstein! Don't forget Young Frankenstein. I like that one!Big Grin
How could I forget about Young Frankenstein. Some of the most hilarious comedy ever done.

EWMAN
Marc   07-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Finally saw the modern film version of The Producers. My only comment is that it was better then Rent.
Kenji   07-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Marc B. Wrote:Finally saw the modern film version of The Producers. My only comment is that it was better then Rent.

I haven't seen Rent yet. So.......Rent was not good?
Maggers   07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
"The Producers" was awful, and I seldom say that about any film. The timing was off throughout the entire movie. Painful to watch.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Marc   07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Kenji Wrote:I haven't seen Rent yet. So.......Rent was not good?

It stunk like two week old garbage.
Marc   07-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Maggers Wrote:"The Producers" was awful, and I seldom say that about any film. The timing was off throughout the entire movie. Painful to watch.

This only stunk like one week old garbage.
Maggers   07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Marc B. Wrote:This only stunk like one week old garbage.

LOL, Marc, I agree. You should create a rating scale for bombs based on weeks' old garbage.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd