RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Producers - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Producers (/thread-1593.html)

The Producers - Kenji - 04-08-2006

In 1968, Mel Brooks made comedic musical, "The Producers". That was my favorite film, and of course I have DVD. Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder were funny and great. 38 years later, Mel Brooks remade it.

The title is...."The Producers".

Today I went to see The Producers. In this remake version, two characters are Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. Sometimes they were hysterics and noisy but also very FUNNY! Their songs and dance were all wonderful. Yeah, they were excellent but Will Ferrell defeated them, and no mistake! Big Grin

For all guys. Uma Thurman is men's fantasy! She's beautiful and sexy and funny Swedish lady. I've never seen her comedic character.

Previously I learned the words "Break the leg" in another thread, and now I understood when and how Americans use those words. But funny point was one character really broke own leg in this movie. I couldn't stop a laugh!Big Grin

If I have a opportunity to go to New York, I want to see Broadway musical version of The Producers. I like this musical!

The Producers - cobalt - 04-08-2006

You're in for a treat Kenji if you get to see the Producers on Broadway. Great play, writer and lots of laughs. Mel Brooks is one of my favorite movie makers. Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety.............the list goes on and on.

The Producers - Kenji - 04-08-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:You're in for a treat Kenji if you get to see the Producers on Broadway. Great play, writer and lots of laughs. Mel Brooks is one of my favorite movie makers. Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety.............the list goes on and on.

Young Frankenstein! Don't forget Young Frankenstein. I like that one!Big Grin

The Producers - cobalt - 04-08-2006

Kenji Wrote:Young Frankenstein! Don't forget Young Frankenstein. I like that one!Big Grin
How could I forget about Young Frankenstein. Some of the most hilarious comedy ever done.

The Producers - Marc - 07-06-2006

Finally saw the modern film version of The Producers. My only comment is that it was better then Rent.

The Producers - Kenji - 07-07-2006

Marc B. Wrote:Finally saw the modern film version of The Producers. My only comment is that it was better then Rent.

I haven't seen Rent yet. So.......Rent was not good?

The Producers - Maggers - 07-12-2006

"The Producers" was awful, and I seldom say that about any film. The timing was off throughout the entire movie. Painful to watch.

The Producers - Marc - 07-12-2006

Kenji Wrote:I haven't seen Rent yet. So.......Rent was not good?

It stunk like two week old garbage.

The Producers - Marc - 07-12-2006

Maggers Wrote:"The Producers" was awful, and I seldom say that about any film. The timing was off throughout the entire movie. Painful to watch.

This only stunk like one week old garbage.

The Producers - Maggers - 07-12-2006

Marc B. Wrote:This only stunk like one week old garbage.

LOL, Marc, I agree. You should create a rating scale for bombs based on weeks' old garbage.