gtv   03-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi:

Newbie here. I produced an interactive movie and put it on-line for general feedback about the genre. My partner and I are interested in developing other interactive movie content as part of a new personlized entertainment and marketing company that we are starting (we each have 15 years in the advertising and/or interactive media dicsiplines.

A year ago on this site there was a reference to the "Bombmeister" project that Interfilm shot but did not market. That footage appears to be in the hands of fpw...the moderator. How can we get in touch?

FYI, the interactive movie -- if you're interested in viewing -- is at http://www.interactive-film.com It's called "The Remake" and you're the executive producer in charge of remaking....'Casablanca.' Go ahead and fill out the feedback form, too.
Marc   03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
gtv Wrote:A year ago on this site there was a reference to the "Bombmeister" project that Interfilm shot but did not market. That footage appears to be in the hands of fpw...the moderator. How can we get in touch?

Paul may either respond to this message himself or you can send him a private message. Can't miss him here. He goes by FPW.

He may have a copy of the footage but I would suspect the producer of Bombmeister holds the rights to it. I may be wrong though.

Welcome to the board and I will be checking out your movie!
fpw   03-29-2006, 12:36 PM
[SIZE="3"]This has put a bug in my head. I have two VHS cassettes with tons of footage. But I'll try to contact two people who might have access to the original. If they don't, they'll know who does.

For those of you who don't know: Back in 1994 I was partnered with Matt Costello doing interactive scripting and design. We were meeting frequently with Bob Bejan of Interfilm—a (then) new interactive technology that allowed audiences to choose the course of a film by pressing buttons on a joystick attached to their theater seats. Though the technology worked beautifully, the first two Interfilms, I’m Your Man (available on DVD) and Ride for Your Life, were lame with a capital L. But the potential was mind boggling—if Bob could get the right writers.

Matt and I knew immediately that the smirking, winking comedy of the first two films negated the technology’s potential to engage the emotions. We told Bob we wanted to write an Interfilm, but one with high stakes—life and death—peopled with characters you cared about, where their lives were in your hands and it mattered to you whether they lived or died. Our treatment for an interactive script about a crazed toymaker who traps three members each of the FBI, ATF, and IRS in his elaborately booby-trapped mansion blew him away. (Pardon the pun.) We called it Bombmeister.

In early February 1995 Matt and I were on the Burbank set of Bombmeister. Jeffrey Jones was the star, with John Lafia directing. We saw a lot of the shoot and even made it to a backlot where they blew up a miniature of the toymaker’s mansion.

After the shoot we were given VHS copies of the raw footage . . . and that (as far as I know) is all there is of Bombmeister. The first two films had done so poorly that Sony (a major backer) pulled the financial plug and Interfilm was no more. All Bombmeister needs is some enterprising company to cut and program it into an edge-of-the-seat interactive DVD thriller.

Maybe someday. Until then, it’s vaporware. [/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Tony H   04-03-2006, 12:20 PM
gtv Wrote:Hi:

Newbie here. I produced an interactive movie and put it on-line for general feedback about the genre. My partner and I are interested in developing other interactive movie content as part of a new personlized entertainment and marketing company that we are starting (we each have 15 years in the advertising and/or interactive media dicsiplines.

A year ago on this site there was a reference to the "Bombmeister" project that Interfilm shot but did not market. That footage appears to be in the hands of fpw...the moderator. How can we get in touch?

FYI, the interactive movie -- if you're interested in viewing -- is at www.interactive-film.com It's called "The Remake" and you're the executive producer in charge of remaking....'Casablanca.' Go ahead and fill out the feedback form, too.

Well, I took some time out of my schedule last night to take on the role of a famous producer tasked to remake Casablanca in the interactive movie The Remake.

Having long been a fan of the interactive movie I entered this film hopeful yet keeping in mind that it was a freshman effort.

The film itself is simplistic and drags on at times, often long periods of time before the viewer is asked to make a decision. Basically your decisions are choosing between 2 and 3 options (Which director would you like, which writer, actor for the lead, actress for the lead, and who will you fire and who should get final cut.)

The acting is surprisingly well done, as I watched 2 of my slections ramble on about era costumes while eating salads I begged for the chance to sack one of them. Lo and behold my desires came to pass and I acted on them with ferocity.

The game is quite linear and simplistic and given more time I am sure the developers could create a fantastic experience. The talent is there, the general idea is in place and the promise of something big lurks just around the corner.

For what it was The Remake was enjoyable, made me nostalgic for games long gone like the "Tex Murphy Interactive Movies".

The movie allows for multiple replays where you can take different options which alters the outcome of the film. My first go-round garnered 2 thumbs up from the critics and they hailed it as a masterpiece. I guess I made the right combination of choices. The only downside is that I was left with no desire to sit through the film again knowing the long processes I had to sit through beofre the ability to make a decision came into play.

Overall the film was interesting, not quite fun-filled, but it was neat knowing you controlled the film and one person's experience could greatly differ from that of another.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious