Kenji   02-26-2006, 04:50 AM
This is very sad news. Darren McGavin died...... Sad

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertainm...0000c.html

Oh, I want to see Kolchack again!
cobalt   02-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Kenji Wrote:This is very sad news. Darren McGavin died...... Sad

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertainm...0000c.html

Oh, I want to see Kolchack again!

McGavin was great in the original Nightstalker. My favorite episode was "The Night Flyer"(I think that was the title?) The vampire that flew into airports for his hunting. He was also the best in "A Christmas Story", one of my holiday favorites. I wish him peace in the heavens.

EWMAN
Kenji   02-26-2006, 10:44 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:McGavin was great in the original Nightstalker. My favorite episode was "The Night Flyer"(I think that was the title?) The vampire that flew into airports for his hunting. He was also the best in "A Christmas Story", one of my holiday favorites. I wish him peace in the heavens.

Also he was in "The Martian Chronicles;TV mini-series". His role was friend of Rock Hudson. He opened his shop on Mars, but Martians visited to his shop, and they gave land-ownership to him. That was very ironic result. Hmm....that was masterpiece!
Mick C.   02-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I was saddened to hear this.

He did so many interesting things over the years. Aside from the previously mentioned ones, he was great as Frank Black's father in the Christmas episode of Millennium, and in the X-Files episodes (which were a tribute to Kolchak).

McGavin was in a great Private Eye series called "The Outsider" - playing this Lew Archer type, lonely PI.

They just announced Don Knotts died, too.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Keith the Elder   02-27-2006, 10:54 AM
He was one of the greats.

He appeared in my all-time favorite episode of Tales from the Dark Side called Distant Signals where he palyed a washed up actor from a long canceled TV series that left a certain group of individuals wanting for the series to reach reach a satisfactory conclusion. They traveled a great distance to round up the original writers and actors and had the final episodes filmed never to be shown on TV.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
BrettM   02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Mick C. Wrote:They just announced Don Knotts died, too.
And now Dennis Weaver. Don, Darrin, and Dennis. Is this beginning to sound a little eerie, or what?

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Flinx   02-28-2006, 09:46 AM
February is turning into a sad month.

13/2 - Andreas Katsulas
24/2 - Don Knotts
24/2 - Dennis Weaver
25/2 - Darren McGavin

They will all be sadly missed.
Kenji   02-28-2006, 10:32 AM
BrettM Wrote:And now Dennis Weaver. Don, Darrin, and Dennis. Is this beginning to sound a little eerie, or what?

Yeah, a little eerie. Everybody has "D" in their name.
The Mad American   02-28-2006, 12:03 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:McGavin was great in the original Nightstalker. My favorite episode was "The Night Flyer"(I think that was the title?) The vampire that flew into airports for his hunting. He was also the best in "A Christmas Story", one of my holiday favorites. I wish him peace in the heavens.

I am a big fan of McGavin and Kolchak but I am pretty sure that "The Night Flyer" (based on a short story by Stephen King) was never a Nightstalker episode, they did make it into a TV movie for something but I don't think it was Kolchak. Then again I could be wrong....hehe.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

neotank   03-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Very Sad. I loved Mcgavin.

I can't believe he was 83... I figured he was in his late sixties or something.
Pages (2): 1 2