Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Scott Miller   02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
We had an 'Ape' weekend. I took my son to see Kong, so I thought I double up with the original Planet of the Apes at home. Both were a little too talky for him, although he loved the action sequences from K.

I'm writing now to include the scene where we see the apes for the first time as they are rounding the humans up in the cornfield is one I can't believe I neglected the first time around. The Statue of Liberty reveal is also memorable.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:We had an 'Ape' weekend. I took my son to see Kong, so I thought I double up with the original Planet of the Apes at home. Both were a little too talky for him, although he loved the action sequences from K.

I'm writing now to include the scene where we see the apes for the first time as they are rounding the humans up in the cornfield is one I can't believe I neglected the first time around. The Statue of Liberty reveal is also memorable.

How about the scene in FAILSAFE when the pursuing American fighters go to afterburners, trying to catch and shoot down the wrongfully dispatched Vindicators (actually B-58s)? The pilots =knew= they wouldn't come back, even if they were successful. But they tried. They tried.

And in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE: "That's my steak, Liberty. PICK IT UP!."
Biggles   02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Dave Wrote:I'm Spartacus.

Dave

No, I'm Spartacus!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Kenji   02-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Biggles Wrote:No, I'm Spartacus!

Eeya! Ore ga Spartacus da!
neotank   03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I loved the scene in The Good the Bad and the Ugly, when Eli Wallach is sitting down getting a shave or something. Then those three guys go in to kill him. You hear some gunshots, then Eli comes busting through the door as the three dudes fall over dead and the camera freezes, and it says 'the ugly'.

How cool is that.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4