Pages (2):    1 2
saynomore   12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
fpw Wrote:Just saw it. Mightily impressed. As a recovering Catholic I was moved by the allegory (you're never really cured) and my 6.5 and 3.5 year-old grandchildren were mesmerized. If this were a DVD my thumb would never have touched the FF button. (Never read the books, btw.)

The kids (aged 3 to 5??) at last night's showing screamed in horror when the faun (Thomas) first appeared. It took at least ten minutes for them to calm down and enjoy the rest of the movie.

AC

P.S. I wanted to see this movie so much that I put up with the tons of kids and teens crying and yacking throughout the movie. But don't get me wrong. I will be watching this a few more times before I buy the dvd. A keeper!

P.S.S. And the ending was rushed. The book's ending had me in tears. The movie's ending had me rushing to reread the book's ending.
Maggers   12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
saynomore Wrote:The kids (aged 3 to 5??) at last night's showing screamed in horror when the faun (Thomas) first appeared. It took at least ten minutes for them to calm down and enjoy the rest of the movie.

That male faun creeped me out big time, too. It was the only creature to do so. I found myself wanting to avert my eyes. There was way too much flesh, nipple and back hair. Yeww.....
This post was last modified: 12-12-2005, 11:21 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jacobm   12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I took my 6 1/2 year old to see Narnia last weekend, he had seen the commercials and was very excited (understatement). The beginning was a little to slow for him, but once the children went into the wardrobe he was absolutely fascinated. The look of amazement on his face during the battle at the end between the good guys and bad guys was something I will always remember.
Kenji   02-25-2006, 10:16 PM
At last, last night I saw Narnia in a theater, and I truly enjoyed it! Fantastic!

I've never read book. So I can't compare it with movie. Maybe, someday if I have a time, I'll read it. Anyway, movie was very well made. All characters were fascinating. SFX and art design were also awesome. And especially, last battle sequences were GREAT! But than anything else, story was truly good. Story is most important. England impressed me. The Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, and The Cronicles of Narnia.....I love them!

Oh....I can't wait sequels! Big Grin
SDSwami   02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
I just wish they would have included the first story (The Magician's Nephew) into the movie to explain how Aslan created Narnia and why there is a lamp post in the middle of the forest. I know the intent is to make the entire Chronicle's into movies, I just hope they are all successful enough so they can be made. The Silver Chair is the best story in the Chronicles in my opinion.
Scott Hajek   02-28-2006, 06:32 PM
SDSwami Wrote:I just wish they would have included the first story (The Magician's Nephew) into the movie to explain how Aslan created Narnia and why there is a lamp post in the middle of the forest. I know the intent is to make the entire Chronicle's into movies, I just hope they are all successful enough so they can be made. The Silver Chair is the best story in the Chronicles in my opinion.

I'm a purist. The Magician's Nephew is book number 6, even though it's the first chronologically. I think the series works better finding out the beginning just before the end.

The Silver Chair will be a great movie, but I'm looking forward to "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." I think it'll be a throwback to "Jason and the Argonauts" or the Sinbad movies.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (2):    1 2