Pages (2):    1 2
saynomore   02-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I'm sure someone must have mentioned this before, but I just saw Galaxy Quest again. Man, that movie is so funny. They really play up Tim Allen's 'Kirk' character as being a jerk. And on top of that it had a pretty good story too. Worth the rent for anyone who hasn't seen it. I heard in an interview that Tim Allen wants to do a R-rated sequel (the first one was PG-13).

If you still got the GQ dvd, look for the easter eggs. You may have noticed (especially since we're guys) that Signorney Weaver has her buxom showing toward the end of the flick, but before that she was fully clothed. In one easter egg, the dvd shows the scene connecting how she lost her top. Plus the other eggs are nice too. Good hunting.

AC
Kenji   02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:If I recall right, a fortune telling machine was involved. But I only saw it once, with me foster dad, in the early sixties. (Got to stay up late on Fridays with Daddy--Mommy was out playing Bingo, so the guys got to hang out.)

I saw that episode. The title is "Nick of time". Shatner found fortune telling machine in cafe restaurant. And he become fortune telling machine addiction.

This is my favorite episode. Wink
Kenji   02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Don't forget that wonderful episode in the original Twilight Zone with Shatner and the Gremlin out on the airplane wing. He could really show terror in that one.

I saw that episode. But I prefer movie version by John Lithgow. That was really really scary!
BrettM   02-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm a huge GQ fan, too. One of the greatest things about the film is Tony Shalhoub's performance. His versatility is just astounding, being able to move among roles as varied as an aging stoner, an Arab-American FBI agent, and an obsessive-compulsive detective. (Alan Rickman, of course, is no slouch in the versatility department, either.) I especially love the scene where "Tech Sgt Chen" is first transported to the ship. His take on the experience and Allen's response, with everyone else freaking out in the background, is just hysterical. Now THIS man's an actor, not to be mentioned in the same breath as that Shatner guy. (And I bet Shalhoub can sing, too. B-)

I've often thought a GQ sequel could be great. Then I usually think again, and decide that it might be better to just leave this gem stand alone. And, if we're lucky, Steve Martin will never decide to remake it.

Brett

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Scott Miller   02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I heard in an interview that Tim Allen wants to do a R-rated sequel (the first one was PG-13).

Could a few curse words and a fleeting glimpse of Weaver's nipple make it any funnier?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Lisa   02-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I love Galaxy Quest! It didn't do well in the theaters, however, so I doubt they would make a sequel. I saw it three times in the theater, LOL.

I think my favorite line in the movie is, "MINERS, not minors." Ha! Or maybe, "It's an alien planet! Is there air?! You don't know!" ROTFL Big Grin

Lisa
Gerald Rice   02-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Lisa Wrote:I love Galaxy Quest! It didn't do well in the theaters, however, so I doubt they would make a sequel. I saw it three times in the theater, LOL.

I think my favorite line in the movie is, "MINERS, not minors." Ha! Or maybe, "It's an alien planet! Is there air?! You don't know!" ROTFL Big Grin

Lisa

If GQ was produced by Disney a sequel might be made. Tim Allen makes them a lot of dough and to keep him happy, if HE wants it, they might have to greenlight a sequel. That is, if he still does want to do a sequel.
Mick C.   02-27-2006, 01:17 AM
A really enjoyable movie. I saw it again recently and was surprised how many character actors I now recognize were in it. The evil reptilian general was played by Robin Sachs, who played the evil sorceror Ethan Rayne in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Enrico Colantoni, Veronica Mars' dad, is the head alien, and the alien fanboy who hero-worshipped Alan Rickman's character, was played by Rainn Wilson, now Dwight Schrute on "The Office".

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (2):    1 2