RepairmanJack.com Forums
Galaxy Quest - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Galaxy Quest (/thread-1505.html)

Pages: 1 2

Galaxy Quest - Gerald Rice - 02-13-2006

I'm sure someone must have mentioned this before, but I just saw Galaxy Quest again. Man, that movie is so funny. They really play up Tim Allen's 'Kirk' character as being a jerk. And on top of that it had a pretty good story too. Worth the rent for anyone who hasn't seen it. I heard in an interview that Tim Allen wants to do a R-rated sequel (the first one was PG-13).

Galaxy Quest - Kenji - 02-13-2006

Gerald Rice Wrote:I'm sure someone must have mentioned this before, but I just saw Galaxy Quest again. Man, that movie is so funny. They really play up Tim Allen's 'Kirk' character as being a jerk. And on top of that it had a pretty good story too. Worth the rent for anyone who hasn't seen it. I heard in an interview that Tim Allen wants to do a R-rated sequel (the first one was PG-13).

Yeah, this is really funny movie! I saw it in a theater, and I bought DVD. Sometimes I'm seeing it. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! Big Grin

R-rated sequel.....? That's interesting.

Galaxy Quest - Maggers - 02-13-2006

We've spoken of "Galaxy Quest" often. Whenever anyone does a Top Ten list, it's on mine. I love that little movie. I can watch it over and over and over and laugh and laugh and laugh...OK, so I'm easily entertained, but GQ is a great movie and I heartily recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

In fact, I think it's time I watch it again. Big Grin

Galaxy Quest - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 02-13-2006

Kenji Wrote:Yeah, this is really funny movie! I saw it in a theater, and I bought DVD. Sometimes I'm seeing it. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! Big Grin

R-rated sequel.....? That's interesting.

Kenji, it amazes me that most folks don't recognize Shatner as the mighty genius he is. An artist who's excelled in every field he's dipped his bunioned toes into. Stage, screen, print, music... his version of the Beatles' LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS will enhance your life. And I ain't kidding! (Well, maybe just a wee bit...) But seriously, NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! are words to live by if you want to live proud and free.

Galaxy Quest - cobalt - 02-13-2006

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Kenji, it amazes me that most folks don't recognize Shatner as the mighty genius he is. An artist who's excelled in every field he's dipped his bunioned toes into. Stage, screen, print, music... his version of the Beatles' LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS will enhance your life. And I ain't kidding! (Well, maybe just a wee bit...) But seriously, NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! are words to live by if you want to live proud and free.

Don't forget that wonderful episode in the original Twilight Zone with Shatner and the Gremlin out on the airplane wing. He could really show terror in that one.

cobalt79 Wrote:Don't forget that wonderful episode in the original Twilight Zone with Shatner and the Gremlin out on the airplane wing. He could really show terror in that one.

That was mighty! And didn't he play a guy with his wife in a diner with weird shit going on?

Galaxy Quest - cobalt - 02-13-2006

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That was mighty! And didn't he play a guy with his wife in a diner with weird shit going on?

That one I don't remember. I'll have to look for it.

cobalt79 Wrote:That one I don't remember. I'll have to look for it.

If I recall right, a fortune telling machine was involved. But I only saw it once, with me foster dad, in the early sixties. (Got to stay up late on Fridays with Daddy--Mommy was out playing Bingo, so the guys got to hang out.)

Galaxy Quest - KRW - 02-13-2006

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:If I recall right, a fortune telling machine was involved. But I only saw it once, with me foster dad, in the early sixties. (Got to stay up late on Fridays with Daddy--Mommy was out playing Bingo, so the guys got to hang out.)

A fortune telling machine on the counter in a restaurant! Great episode. I love to watch the king of over acters. He's a role model for everyone without talent! Big Grin I hear they won't even play his version of L.S.D. in hell because it's so bad. (I heard this from Satan himself on an interview on Oprah!)

KRW

Galaxy Quest - Maggers - 02-13-2006

I love William Shatner, ever since the original Star Trek back when I was in high school. Loved that he never missed an opportunity to fight sans shirt. Wink

Shatner is terrific in "Boston Legal." He's constantly poking fun at himself, something he really loves to do. He and James Spader are an amazing duo.

But just to bring things back to "Galaxy Quest," there isn't a bad scene in the film. It's just a little hysterical gem. Sam Rockwell is superb, too.