Pages (3):    1 2 3
neotank   01-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Impossible, Neotank! What idea-void director could even consider such a blasphemy? Rolleyes Oh... Van Sant, did you say? :eek:

LOL... you know he was prolly sitting behind his desk one sunny afternoon having a cool beverage, Psycho was on TV, his agent was trying to get him to direct some film called Million Dollar Baby, but Van Sant was like-- "WAIT! I got a great idea!"
Ken Valentine   01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I just saw the trailer to "The Pink Panther" it looks terrible. Steve Martin seems to be playing the role like he were Updike in the original (and best) "Kolckak: The Night Stalker"

The character Clouseau (spelling?) was a Peter Sellers/Blake Edwards creation. It cannot otherwise be done. It is not a role subject to interpretation like Hamlet or Captain Ahab. Who the heck does Mr. Martin think he is? This knocks him down a few pegs IMO.

I never did care for Steve Martin, but you're right. In 1968 someone else tried to make another movie titled "Inspector Clouseau" (you spelled it right) starring Alan Arkin. It was good, but Sellers MADE that character and I don't think anyone else can come close.

Ken V.
Mike Hanson   02-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Kenji Wrote:These days, Hollywood is getting into remake the movies of '70s. I hope they don't remake Dirty Harry. Rolleyes

Harry Callahan:

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots, or only five? Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya...PUNK!?"

Yah...I just don't see this working coming from Ashton Kuchner's or Leonardo DiCaprio's mouths...

Mike Rolleyes
thisisatest   02-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:Harry Callahan:

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots, or only five? Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya...PUNK!?"

Yah...I just don't see this working coming from Ashton Kuchner's or Leonardo DiCaprio's mouths...

Mike Rolleyes

Steve D

Well..., maybe not their mouths....

Good to have you back Mike. I'm sure the whole West Coast Gang feels the same.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Kenji   02-02-2006, 10:58 AM

That's my favorite lines in Dirty Hary. Big Grin

Quote:Yah...I just don't see this working coming from Ashton Kuchner's or Leonardo DiCaprio's mouths...

That's my nightmare! :eek:
jimbow8   02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Kenji Wrote:That's my favorite lines in Dirty Hary. Big Grin

That's my nightmare! :eek:
My favorite DH line is from Sudden Impact: "Nobody, and I mean nobody, put's ketchup on a hot dog!"

Also (paraphrased): "Every day for the last [X] years, I've been coming here to get a large black cup of coffee. Only today, it's got sugar in it. LOTS of sugar. I just came back to complain."

Harry: "You don't think we're gonna just let you walk out of here, do you?"

Robber: "Who's 'we,' sucka!?!?"

Harry: "Well, Smith... and Wesson... and me!"
This post was last modified: 02-02-2006, 11:28 AM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Gerald Rice   02-02-2006, 03:14 PM

Mike Rolleyes

But Vin Diesel's... now you're cooking with fire!
Gerald Rice   02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Does anyone object to a remake of a remake? Some guy's remaking The Fly. And in this one, he'll actually fly.
jimbow8   02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:Does anyone object to a remake of a remake? Some guy's remaking The Fly. And in this one, he'll actually fly.
Simpsons did it!!

Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:My favorite DH line is from Sudden Impact: "Nobody, and I mean nobody, put's ketchup on a hot dog!"

Also (paraphrased): "Every day for the last [X] years, I've been coming here to get a large black cup of coffee. Only today, it's got sugar in it. LOTS of sugar. I just came back to complain."

Harry: "You don't think we're gonna just let you walk out of here, do you?"

Robber: "Who's 'we,' sucka!?!?"

Harry: "Well, Smith... and Wesson... and me!"

Jim, you forgot this one. Wink

Go ahead, make my day.
Pages (3):    1 2 3