Pages (2):    1 2
HaroldDemure   03-18-2006, 12:48 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I "lucked out" with my copy of Crisscross. It's a signed first edition purchased from Amazon. When described, they didn't mention that it was signed by FPW himself. Imagine my surprise when I opened the book! It was in a library in the Arapahoe Library and stamped so. The "fools" let it go, my gain! Could this be why the book is different?
it could be so, you lucky fellow you. but the reference should still be there. i don't know why this hit me so hard while re-reading the book, but it sure seems like an intentional thing to me.
KRW   03-18-2006, 01:11 AM
HaroldDemure Wrote:on page 48, Jack was planning on watching 'Bad Day At Black Rock', but he has to read The Book Of Hakano instead. then in the book(at the top of page 50) we learn that the Truth was revealed to Cooper Blascoe in the Black Rock desert. seems like a pretty big coincidence to me.

Great catch! Now I have to reread "Criss Cross"! (I'll use any excuse)Big Grin

KRW
joka221   03-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Amazon.com is taking orders for crisscross in paperback, but its not coming out till May 30th. Sad
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-20-2006, 02:32 PM
HaroldDemure Wrote:it could be so, you lucky fellow you. but the reference should still be there. i don't know why this hit me so hard while re-reading the book, but it sure seems like an intentional thing to me.

"There are no more coincidences."
Pages (2):    1 2