Pages (15):    1 11 12 13 14 15   
Maggers   07-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Lisa Wrote:I gotta agree with this, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a hopeless slavering X-Files addict. If Lost can produce 4-5 more years of episodes that consistently get better, then we'll be able to compare better. Lost is still very, very good, but it is no X-Files... yet.

Lisa

I can't quibble, either. The X-Files is the bomb, especially since it maintained itself for years. LOST...well, let's hope they can uphold their quality because the first 2 years have been great.

There is something inherently watchable about LOST that I don't find in the X-Files. I can watch episodes of LOST over and over again and enjoy them still and see things that I hadn't before. The X-Files doesn't do that for me.

The only other series I can watch ad nauseam is the original LAW & ORDER, especially the episodes with our beloved Lennie Briscoe, aka Jerry Orbach.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Maggers Wrote:I can't quibble, either. The X-Files is the bomb, especially since it maintained itself for years. LOST...well, let's hope they can uphold their quality because the first 2 years have been great.

There is something inherently watchable about LOST that I don't find in the X-Files. I can watch episodes of LOST over and over again and enjoy them still and see things that I hadn't before. The X-Files doesn't do that for me.

The only other series I can watch ad nauseam is the original LAW & ORDER, especially the episodes with our beloved Lennie Briscoe, aka Jerry Orbach.
As much as I like LOST, I hope they don't drag it out beyond a few years. I hope it is a prescripted story arc.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Lisa   07-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Maggers Wrote:There is something inherently watchable about LOST that I don't find in the X-Files. I can watch episodes of LOST over and over again and enjoy them still and see things that I hadn't before. The X-Files doesn't do that for me.

See, it is just the opposite for me. I love LOST but I don't have a real interest in watching the episodes more than once or twice. The X-Files, on the other hand, I can watch 8 bazillion times and never get tired of it. Of course, it helps that it has 7 watchable seasons... that's a lot of episodes!

Lisa
Maggers   08-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I am enraged! For the third week now ABC in NYC has opted not to show the "Lost" reruns.

For the past 3 weeks, the ABC website has been listing the "Lost" episodes, a summary and the date they are playing. Not since the Mr. Eko flashback have I seen a "Lost" episode. But every week ABC.com acts as though they are showing them.

LIARS! ASS HAT LIARS! G*D DAMNED M*TH*R F**KERS!

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it only the ABC affiliate in NYC that thinks endless episodes of George Lopez is a good idea? For heavens sake, how can anything be better than "Lost?" I haven't seen a "Lost" rerun since July 12th!

[SIZE="7"]I WANT MY "LOST"...NOW![/SIZE]
This post was last modified: 08-02-2006, 09:11 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Lisa   08-03-2006, 12:35 AM
They've been showing them here...
Maggers   08-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Lisa Wrote:They've been showing them here...
Arrgh! I called ABC.TV in New York and expressed my ire, and I sent an email to abc.com. Fiddle faddle! I doubt they will take me seriously but I cannot stand not having LOST available in the NY area when it is available elsewhere. That means some idiot programmer made a conscious decision to not show LOST in New York.

Feh! May whoever made that decision find himself lost in Jersey, never to be seen again. :mad:

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   09-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I got the DVD set of "Lost, Season 2!" Hooray! I can now finally catch up on all those episodes that rotten ABC station in NYC wouldn't show during the summer.

I don't think "Lost #2" is available yet for general consumption. I've got friends in sort of high places, so I picked it up the day I returned from Disney. Lucky me!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
That's great Maggers. Now you get to become lost in Lost like the rest of us! Happy viewing! Smile

EWMAN
Kenji   09-04-2006, 03:59 AM
Last night's episode was...."Poor, Shannon".Sad Very sad episode...

I dislike Ana-Lucia! :mad:
Maggers   09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I bought the "Lost" board game. Believe it or not, the directions were so confusing none of us could figure out how to play. I kept looking for the object of the game, the goal, how to win. Maybe we just didn't get that far, because I've no idea what the goal of the game is, expect perhaps to remain lost. If so, we achieved that.

It is the most convoluted, nonsensical game I've ever seen. Way too complicated. What a strange experience.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (15):    1 11 12 13 14 15