Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 15   
Don B   01-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Lisa Wrote:Jack and Ana Lucia met at a bar in the airport before the flight.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa.
jimbow8   01-14-2006, 05:47 PM
I agree with Marc, that it is nano-technology (I enjoyed Crichton's PREY), but it doesn't explain why they stopped from attacking Ekko.

I also agree with APhew; Michelle Rodriquez is horrible. She was horrible in Resident Evil, Blue Crush, Fast and Furious...... you name it.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
mike36799   01-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Good episode. I thought I saw jesus in one of the pictures, but no walt. Maybe a few more beers, and I will see a lot more hehe. Did I say good epidsode, sure did!! Whopee

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
BrettM   01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I agree with Marc, that it is nano-technology (I enjoyed Crichton's PREY), but it doesn't explain why they stopped from attacking Ekko.
It also didn't kill Locke when he encountered it (twice, IIRC). If it's associated with the Others, maybe the smoke monster is how they tell if someone is a "good person", since they seemed to use that as the criterion for picking the tailies they kidnapped.

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Medusa   01-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Last night's was great! It's keeps getting better! But did anyone notice something about "Zeke" (the Other)? He was all dirty and grungy and straggly haired. But his teeth were white and shiny! If the man can find a way to brush his teeth, don't you think he could find a way to bathe!

Can't wait until next weeks!
Scott Hajek   01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Medusa Wrote:Last night's was great! It's keeps getting better! But did anyone notice something about "Zeke" (the Other)? He was all dirty and grungy and straggly haired. But his teeth were white and shiny! If the man can find a way to brush his teeth, don't you think he could find a way to bathe!

Can't wait until next weeks!

Last night's was pretty good. The back story was much better than the island part. What reason did Michael have for locking them in the store room? He could've just taken a gun and left.

The best part of the episode was the very, very end: Jack's question for Ana Lucia.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Gerald Rice   01-19-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm wondering about how the will explain how some of the Others can be killed while others seemingly cannot. Zeke wasn't afraid in the slightest of Sawyer when he pointed his gun, in fact, it was as if he knew the bullet would ricochet off whatever it ricocheted off of. Ethan and the guy Ana Lucia killed weren't so lucky.

I haven't worked it out yet, but I think the Others are all people who have died. Remember last season when Jack saw his father walking around? I wouldn't be surprised if Boone's body is missing too.

Is it just me who thinks Claire was extremely cold to Charlie? While I understand her being upset with him having the heroin (did he use it? I don't know) he was a heroin addict when Ethan kidnapped the two of them, a heroin addict when he and Sayid when after the crazy French woman who kidnapped her baby and a heroin addict while he was taking care of her baby. Essentially, when she needed someone, Charlie was there. And as soon as Charlie is in need, she turns her back on him. Is it just me?
Lisa   01-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I'm wondering about how the will explain how some of the Others can be killed while others seemingly cannot. Zeke wasn't afraid in the slightest of Sawyer when he pointed his gun, in fact, it was as if he knew the bullet would ricochet off whatever it ricocheted off of. Ethan and the guy Ana Lucia killed weren't so lucky.

He could have been bluffing. He was pretty weird. In fact, I wonder if he was bluffing about the number of Others he had with him? It would have been pretty easy to rig up a device to light all the torches all at once, and the torches didn't move one inch the whole scene. It seems like if he really had all those people with him, they would have just come forward? Maybe I'm thinking too hard, hehe.

Quote:I haven't worked it out yet, but I think the Others are all people who have died.

I don't think it could be ghosts, because the creators of the show said there wouldn't be anything "supernatural." But then again, we have stuff like the drowning Walt vision Shannon had, so :confused:

Quote:Is it just me who thinks Claire was extremely cold to Charlie?

Nope, it's not just you. She could have at least heard him out.

Lisa
Gerald Rice   01-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Lisa Wrote:I don't think it could be ghosts, because the creators of the show said there wouldn't be anything "supernatural." But then again, we have stuff like the drowning Walt vision Shannon had, so :confused: Lisa

I don't mean ghosts. I mean the restorative powers of the island itself. Like Locke walking again. I think the Others can't or don't want to leave the island because they'll die again. Remember, they do have a boat. I don't think Jack was just seeing things when he saw his father walking around. I think it was his father reanimated.

My other theory is they were intentionally crashed on the island because there is something going on around the rest of the world. I think the island is quarantining them away from what's going on in the civilized world and they're supposed to repopulate Earth eventually.
jimbow8   01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
OK, I missed a LOT of season one so I don't know if this fits with everything or not but what about the possibility that the "cloud" is in fact the nanotechnology and that it gets inside people to restore them and cure them of afflictions? Was the island some sort of medical research outpost? I have no explanation for who the others are, .... except maybe just "scientists" gone somewhat crazy due to the isolation who are kidnapping people to research on them and/or implant them with the nanotechnology.

Anybody?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 15