Sam   01-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Jean Reno!!

A.K.A. Empire des loups,L'

The wife of a ministry official starts having terrible hallucinations and bouts of amnesia and believes her husband is responsible. With the help of a shrink she tries to find her lost memories and search for the truth about her husband. Meanwhile, a detective is called in to investigate possible serial killings in the Turkish area of France. In order to gain info from the Turks he has to enlist the help of a notorious cop (Reno). Any more info would be a spoiler.

Maybe the reason I liked this film so much is because I was expecting a B flick at best. Anyway, I thought it was pretty damn good. Definitely worth watching!

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
jimbow8   01-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Sam Wrote:Jean Reno!!

A.K.A. Empire des loups,L'

The wife of a ministry official starts having terrible hallucinations and bouts of amnesia and believes her husband is responsible. With the help of a shrink she tries to find her lost memories and search for the truth about her husband. Meanwhile, a detective is called in to investigate possible serial killings in the Turkish area of France. In order to gain info from the Turks he has to enlist the help of a notorious cop (Reno). Any more info would be a spoiler.

Maybe the reason I liked this film so much is because I was expecting a B flick at best. Anyway, I thought it was pretty damn good. Definitely worth watching!
This sounds interesting. I am a Jean Reno fan, so I will probably check this out.

I just rented Crimson Rivers with Reno. That was pretty good.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:This sounds interesting. I am a Jean Reno fan, so I will probably check this out.

I just rented Crimson Rivers with Reno. That was pretty good.

I've seen Crimson Rivers 2 but not the first. Empire was far better than CR2, IMO, so I'm sure you will like it.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K