Scott Miller   01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I finally got to watch this fascinating, gorgeous and touching documentary last night. I couldn't help but be awed by the penguins as they endure immense hardships for the sake of their family. Morgan Freeman has the perfect voice for the narration.

I do recommend watching the creature-cam special feature; it provides a previously unseen glimpse into the Emporors' hunting methods that is spectacular.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
fpw   01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I finally got to watch this fascinating, gorgeous and touching documentary last night. I couldn't help but be awed by the penguins as they endure immense hardships for the sake of their family. Morgan Freeman has the perfect voice for the narration.

I second that. Their ingenuity and level of cooperation makes you think they could be sentient.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Charleswg   01-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I finally got to watch this fascinating, gorgeous and touching documentary last night. I couldn't help but be awed by the penguins as they endure immense hardships for the sake of their family. Morgan Freeman has the perfect voice for the narration.

I do recommend watching the creature-cam special feature; it provides a previously unseen glimpse into the Emporors' hunting methods that is spectacular.

It was shown in here in Newport, RI for their festival last June and ppl walked out in awe- some people thought that CGI was used in the making. Which was not by the way. A great movie.

CG
Susan   01-12-2006, 08:01 PM

I bought the DVD for my parents for Christmas and we watched it together with my husband. Simply amazing, jaw dropping cinematography. The devotion of both parents to the survival of their babies is incredible. When any of them died, it was heartbreaking because you know how hard they had fought to come to that place.

I didn't see the extras, but I'm going to buy the DVD for myself and look at them. I hear they are fantastic.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Marc   01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Susan Wrote:I bought the DVD for my parents for Christmas and we watched it together with my husband. Simply amazing, jaw dropping cinematography. The devotion of both parents to the survival of their babies is incredible. When any of them died, it was heartbreaking because you know how hard they had fought to come to that place.

When you see the two parents struggling to exchange the egg only to have it freeze and crack was so sad.