Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   12-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I think the best way to watch this is the way I did: While doing something else. I was wrapping Christmas presents while it played. It’s endlessly silly but fun. Since I felt no time pressure, I didn’t bother with the remote, so its FF score might be artificially low.

FF= 0

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
fpw Wrote:I think the best way to watch this is the way I did: While doing something else. I was wrapping Christmas presents while it played. It’s endlessly silly but fun. Since I felt no time pressure, I didn’t bother with the remote, so its FF score might be artificially low.

FF= 0

I agree. I saw Sahara in a theater. I enjoyed Sahara too. Good action! Thrilling adventure! Guns! Bombs! Rocket launch! Old cannon! That's what I call "true action movie". I felt time passed fast. Of course I bought DVD.

But if Penelope Cruz were not in it, perhaps I enjoyed it more. Her acting was bad. Rolleyes
Medusa   12-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes, I enjoyed Matthew McConahy very much! hee hee
Maggers   12-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I wrote this back in April, when I saw "Sahara" in the theater. I saw it again on DVD several weeks ago. I felt the same. Big Grin

"I just saw "Sahara" and enjoyed it. Not the greatest action movie, but it had lots of non stop action and, OMG, the MOST incredible body on a male actor that I have ever seen. Thank you Matthew McConaughey! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you....oh my!"

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
A little belated Christmas Present for us gals! Sweet!
Ken Valentine   12-29-2005, 12:29 AM
fpw Wrote:I think the best way to watch this is the way I did: While doing something else. I was wrapping Christmas presents while it played. It’s endlessly silly but fun. Since I felt no time pressure, I didn’t bother with the remote, so its FF score might be artificially low.

FF= 0

I gather that this Sahara is not the one starring Humphrey Bogart and Dan Duryea . . . ?

Ken V.
Maggers   12-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Medusa Wrote:A little belated Christmas Present for us gals! Sweet!

And thank you, Medusa! Thank you thank you thank you! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Maybe I need to give Sahara another shot. I ordered it from movies on demand in the hotel during my eight day Katrina exile in Houston, and I didn't even find it mildly entertaining. But I realize now that I might not have been in the best frame of mind for movie watching. Wink

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
fpw   12-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Noelie Wrote:Maybe I need to give Sahara another shot. I ordered it from movies on demand in the hotel during my eight day Katrina exile in Houston, and I didn't even find it mildly entertaining. But I realize now that I might not have been in the best frame of mind for movie watching. Wink

Definitely NOT worth a second try.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Maggers   12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Noelie Wrote:Maybe I need to give Sahara another shot. I ordered it from movies on demand in the hotel during my eight day Katrina exile in Houston, and I didn't even find it mildly entertaining. But I realize now that I might not have been in the best frame of mind for movie watching. Wink

I saw it again only because I was visiting friends who were watching for the first time. I wouldn't rent it again.

If you've seen it and didn't care for it, don't bother spending any more money on it. Wait till it gets to HBO or another TV/cable channel and see if it hits you any better.

Mathew's bod is always worth a visit, IMO. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2