Pages (2):    1 2
ccosborne3   01-10-2006, 04:41 AM
Here's 3 that qualify.

Shock Corridor

Naked Kiss

Pickup On South Street

All directed by Sam Fuller. Back in my college days I got to meet him at a Q&A session he did at the Brattle theatre in Boston. He was drinking and blowing smoke rings at the crowd between questions. Probably the coolest old dude I've ever seen. Fuller made war movies and crime noir. Pickup is a little dated with its commie red menace theme but entertaining nonetheless. Shock and Naked are cult classics. All are available on DVD but expensive (Criterion Collection).
Kenji   01-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh, and I'll never forget "Romeo is bleeding". Lena Orin was weirdest woman! :eek:
Kenji   01-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Gerald Rice Wrote:How about 'The Man Who Wasn't There' starring Billy Bob Thornton, James Gandolfini and Frances McDormand? They even filmed it in black-and-white.

"The Man Who Wasn't There" is one of best Cohen brother's movies. B/W was good effect. I saw it in a theater, and I bought DVD. DVD is 2-discs, one is B/W, another one is color version. I hated color version.
saynomore   01-11-2006, 12:54 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:All are available on DVD but expensive (Criterion Collection).

I have the Criterion "Life of Brian" (Monty Python), but that cost me an arm and a leg. So that just leaves me one more arm and a leg, and I'm saving those to get Criterion's "La Strada" by Fellini.

AC
Pages (2):    1 2