ShadowLord   12-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok -- first off I realize there has already been a post about this movie months ago.. However like many others I didnt go see it..that being said I do check the blockbuster site once a week to see what new movies come out (they come out every Tues here) -- it just came out and I rented it.

It was ok, as others have said it was not just about spiritual matters but also the court case around them.. The movie was decent but nothing special..

If your into horror or occult films you will enjoy it but don't expect it to be one of the best you ever watched..

Jeeze speaking of horror/occult or in this case cult films the other movie I rented a week ago was land of the dead by George A. Romero..what POS movie...

ShadowLord
Noelie   12-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I enjoyed The Exorcism of Emily Rose immensely. I'm a big fan of Tom Wilkinson, and his presence in the movie certainly had something to do with my enjoyment. I also really like Laura Linney, so that was another plus.

It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, nor the scariest. But I thought it was scary enough to be entertaining, even though that wasn't the primary focus of the film.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Scott Miller   12-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Noelie Wrote:I enjoyed The Exorcism of Emily Rose immensely. I'm a big fan of Tom Wilkinson, and his presence in the movie certainly had something to do with my enjoyment.

Wilkinson is great, isn't he. I notice you also like Mr. Bean(Sean, that is) so I'm wondering if you've seen Essex Boys, a gritty crime thriller featuring good performances from both.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191996/

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Noelie   12-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Wilkinson is great, isn't he. I notice you also like Mr. Bean(Sean, that is) so I'm wondering if you've seen Essex Boys, a gritty crime thriller featuring good performances from both.

I also like the real Mr. Bean. Wink

I haven't seen Essex Boys, but it does look worth a looksee. Thanks for mentioning it. Big Grin

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Today was the opening day, and I went to a theater see The exorcism of Emily Rose.

It was most scary in recent horror movie. Especially Emily Rose's possessed twisted body...gosh! I thought "What's goin' on? How could her body.....and yikes! That scream! Ugh! She jumped out from window! Ouch! And....wha, what? What is 123456...? " :eek:

Hmm....very tired.

I was surprised it was true story. Ok, so I wanna ask to everybody. Do you believe existence of demons?
xmradiodave   03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today was the opening day, and I went to a theater see The exorcism of Emily Rose.

It was most scary in recent horror movie. Especially Emily Rose's possessed twisted body...gosh! I thought "What's goin' on? How could her body.....and yikes! That scream! Ugh! She jumped out from window! Ouch! And....wha, what? What is 123456...? " :eek:

Hmm....very tired.

I was surprised it was true story. Ok, so I wanna ask to everybody. Do you believe existence of demons?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 was the number of demons (spirits) that possessed Emily Rose (Anneliese Michel) Lucifer, Cain, Judas Iscariot, Hitler and Fleischmann( a disgraced Frankish 16th century priest. These are the ones who were actually named in the real case of Anneliese Michel. Other "manifestations" were reported later on, but were never given names.
This post was last modified: 03-11-2006, 11:48 AM by xmradiodave.

[Image: logo2.jpg]

I put the laughter in manslaughter
Kenji   03-11-2006, 11:51 AM
xmradiodave Wrote:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 was the number of demons (spirits) that possessed Emily Rose (Anneliese Michel) Lucifer, Cain, Judas Iscariot, Hitler and Fleischmann( a disgraced Frankish 16th century priest. These are the ones who were actually named in the real case of Anneliese Michel. Other "manifestations" were reported later on, but were never given names.

Bibliogrophy...biboliagh, bibblyog...place where I found the info for my post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel

Oh, yes, I know 1,2,3,4,5,6 were number of demons. But at first I didn't know that was number of demons. And I know the name of Lucifer only...I saw Angel Heart.