Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
fpw   12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Do they still do THE YULE LOG thing on Channel 5 Christmas eve?

Yep. Channel 11 too on Xmas am. I have it on tape and play it until prevailed upon (usually by daughter #2) to turn the damn thing off.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
The Mad American   12-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Lisa Wrote:I'm a Christmas movie junkie! Here are my faves, the ones I watch every year:

A Christmas Story
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas
White Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
While You Were Sleeping
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Die Hard Wink

I also love most versions of A Christmas Carol and The Nutcracker.

Lisa

Holy crap!! Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas!!! I had seen this when I was in elementary school, (back in the way back, when dinosaurs walked the earth). I could never remember the name of this movie. This is the one where Emmet uses his moms wash tub to make a bass right? And they enter the battle of the bands against the Weasels RIverbottom Band or something like that?

Must go see if I can find this movie to order. Weeeehaaaawwwwwww!! Thanks Lisa. Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Terry Willacker   12-05-2005, 01:59 PM
My favorites are: Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, Christmas in Connecticut (Barbara Stanwyck version), and Christmas Carol 1951 and 1938 versions.

Some movies that were favorites until I just watched them too many times: It's a Wonderful Life, The Bishop's Wife, White Christmas.

I also like American Christmas Carol with Henry Winkler.

I never did like A Christmas Story.
Mike   12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I love The Ref, but must admit I didn't remember it was set during the Holidays until you brought it up. Comedy doesn't come much darker, maybe that's why it didn't register as a Christmas movie.

"Santa is lactose intolerant! You don't want Santa to come farting down your chimney, do you?!" One of my favorite quotes from that movie. How about that mother in law from hell? I like Denis Leary's: "Your husband isn't dead,lady! He's in hiding!"

That had to be the most unChristmassy Christmas movie I ever saw!
Scott Miller   12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Mike Wrote:"Santa is lactose intolerant! You don't want Santa to come farting down your chimney, do you?!" One of my favorite quotes from that movie. How about that mother in law from hell? I like Denis Leary's: "Your husband isn't dead,lady! He's in hiding!"

That had to be the most unChristmassy Christmas movie I ever saw!

It has been awhile since I last saw it, but I'm planning on viewing at some point during the season.

Speaking of movies that happen during the holidays but aren't necessarily about Christmas, how 'bout Gremlins?
This post was last modified: 12-05-2005, 03:21 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mike   12-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:It has been awhile since I last saw it, but I'm planning on viewing at some point during the season.

Speaking of movies that happen during the holidays but are necessarily about Christmas, how 'bout Gremlins?

That was a good one! I also like Jim Carrey in "The Grinch".
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I saw Patrick Stewart's one-man A CHRISTMAS CAROL. I was in tears at the end. And I wasn't alone.
KRW   12-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Hands down, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! Everything else is gravy.

KRW
Maggers   12-05-2005, 09:09 PM
fpw Wrote:Yep. Channel 11 too on Xmas am. I have it on tape and play it until prevailed upon (usually by daughter #2) to turn the damn thing off.

I love that yule log! That and the '51 version of Christmas Carol and I'm all set for a merry old time. Now if I can just get my hands on Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, I'd be in heaven.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Lisa   12-05-2005, 10:56 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Holy crap!! Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas!!! I had seen this when I was in elementary school, (back in the way back, when dinosaurs walked the earth). I could never remember the name of this movie. This is the one where Emmet uses his moms wash tub to make a bass right? And they enter the battle of the bands against the Weasels RIverbottom Band or something like that?

Must go see if I can find this movie to order. Weeeehaaaawwwwwww!! Thanks Lisa. Big Grin

Yup, the Riverbottom Niiiiiiiiiightmaaaaaaaaaaaares. Big Grin

My mom and I LOVE that little movie. We watch it every year. She has it on tape.

Lisa
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6