jimbow8   11-27-2005, 11:16 PM
M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water teaser.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Noelie   11-28-2005, 12:33 AM
I can't get it to play. Sad

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
t4terrific   11-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Noelie Wrote:I can't get it to play. Sad

From what I've read this one doesn't seem to be the twist driven film that 3 of his four previous films have been. I'm starting to get a little tired of films that rely on the twist to score with audiences. My favorite M. Night film is Signs. It doesn't rely on the twist as much and the performances are phenominal. It's the only film that gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. Every time Gibson's character looks at the Louisville Slugger, on the wall, and says his line, I get truely amped.

I also liked Unbreakable a lot. Sam Jackson's final lines when he says "It was the kids! ..." are just great.
This post was last modified: 11-28-2005, 05:28 PM by t4terrific.
jimbow8   11-28-2005, 11:06 AM
t4terrific Wrote:From what I've read this one doesn't seem to be the twist driven film that 3 of his four previous films have been. I'm starting to get a little tired of films that rely on the twist to score with audiences. My favorite M. Night film is The Village. It doesn't rely on the twist as much and the performances are phenominal. It's the only film that gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. Every time Gibson's character looks at the Louisville Slugger, on the wall, and says his line, I get truely amped.

I also liked Unbreakable a lot. Sam Jackson's final lines when he says "It was the kids! ..." are just great.
Yeah, I don't think this is "twist-driven" either. It is by-lined as a "bedtime story." I don't know what that means. Is it a "nice" movie or a scary bedtime story? I hope people don't form the same preconceived "twist" ideas for this as they did for The Village. It was an excellent movie.

I don't know if I can pick a favorite of his. I like them all for different reasons. Pressed, I'd probably have to go with Unbreakable, but maybe Signs.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft