Pages (2):    1 2
t4terrific   11-15-2005, 09:13 PM
fpw Wrote:No. The post-Harbingers / pre-Nightworld books will be devoted to trying to head off Nightworld.

I'll let you in on a secret: they fail.

So they won't impinge on Nightworld in any significant manner.

That's good information. There are the answers to several questions that I was afraid to ask.
Dave   11-16-2005, 07:50 AM
fpw Wrote:No. The post-Harbingers / pre-Nightworld books will be devoted to trying to head off Nightworld.

It sounds like you have a definitive plan for the remaining books, does that mean you know how many are left to write, and a rough idea for each?

Dave
fpw   11-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Dave Wrote:It sounds like you have a definitive plan for the remaining books, does that mean you know how many are left to write, and a rough idea for each?

Dave

Unfortunately (for me)...no. But at this point I can't see much more than four.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave   11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
fpw Wrote:Unfortunately (for me)...no. But at this point I can't see much more than four.
Well I love Jack, and look forward to whatever you do with him. I also like the fact that the RJ books remain a little diverse from one another.

But I really look forward to something completely new, so the end of Jack will be a good news/bad news deal for me.

Dave
jimbow8   11-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Dave Wrote:Well I love Jack, and look forward to whatever you do with him. I also like the fact that the RJ books remain a little diverse from one another.

But I really look forward to something completely new, so the end of Jack will be a good news/bad news deal for me.

Dave
Agreed. It nice when you forray out into new territory..... like The Fifth Harmonic.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
stacyzinda123   11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Agreed. It nice when you forray out into new territory..... like The Fifth Harmonic.
I loved that book!
Scott Miller   11-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Dave Wrote:Well I love Jack, and look forward to whatever you do with him. I also like the fact that the RJ books remain a little diverse from one another.

Dave

Well put. RJ is the only series I'm currently reading. Not surprisingly, FPW, being the writer he is, has managed to avoid repeating himself, but some elements of a series don't allow for as many surprises as a wholly original tale.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Barry Lee Dejasu   11-19-2005, 12:33 PM
I for one am so relieved to hear about all this. The delay in Nightworld until Harbingers is out is just a blessing, period. And even after Nightworld does come out, if there are still RJ books to be read, I'll just delay myself from reading Nightworld. I've spent the past five years avoiding learning anything (well, as much as possible) about Nightworld while I caught up with all the other RJ/AC books; it'll be a cakewalk to wait a few more before the words in that book finally stimulate my optical nerves.

Glad to hear things are going so well.

Thanks for the info, guys!

...wow, two posts in one week. I'm getting good at this.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Barry Lee Dejasu   11-19-2005, 12:39 PM

See, at first, I felt like I'd spoiled things for myself by highlighting that secret. However, think of it this way: Nightworld is the end-all book of the entire RJ/AC world. It's already come out once, and it'll come out again with only minor changes to it. Everyone (well, who's fairly familiar with these series - and this website) knows that things are inevitable, even as they read each new RJ book. However, as long as there's new adventures for RJ of some kind or other, it'll just be like the idea behind the new Star Wars trilogy; everyone KNEW what was going to happen, but the presentation of how things happen is what's important. Not that I'm comparing either saga, mind you...but you know what I mean.

...ahh, rambling on the RJ board...I missed this.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Pages (2):    1 2