RepairmanJack.com Forums
Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? (/thread-1317.html)

Pages: 1 2

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - Barry Lee Dejasu - 11-15-2005

Hey, it's one of my very scattered messages!! Maybe I'll get as far as being an annual poster...heh, sorry about that...too much work and other stuff going on. I need to visit here more often.

Because of this same problem, I've been pretty out-of-touch about a lot of things...like this.

I got an invoice from Borderlands Press this morning, which mentioned Reprisal was going to be shipping in about two weeks or so. However...

"The next and last book in this series should (fingers crossed) ship in February."

So...I'm sure that this means The Man knows exactly what (fictional) space and material he'll have to work with, right? Like, if the revision of Nightworld is coming out as soon as February, the "revised" Jack will have all the post-Crisscross experiences, knowledge, etc. etc. already written in it. And what's more, that'll mean that if someone were to read the revised Nightworld before Harbingers and any other RJ novels to come out, they'd know the overall outcome of some of the books? I know, I know, Nightworld already came out years and years ago, and I also know that the only real changes that'll happen in the book are in terms of Jack's experiences and knowledge, and so the revision is basically going to be the overall same outcome; all I'm asking is, if the new version of Nightworld is coming out so soon, how might that affect people reading any and all future RJ novels?

Please forgive me if I'm a little confusing...'tis in the vicinity of 4:30 AM here as of right now.

Thaaaaaaaaanks...

--Barry Dejasu

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - fpw - 11-15-2005

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:So...I'm sure that this means The Man knows exactly what (fictional) space and material he'll have to work with, right? Like, if the revision of Nightworld is coming out as soon as February, the "revised" Jack will have all the post-Crisscross experiences, knowledge, etc. etc. already written in it. And what's more, that'll mean that if someone were to read the revised Nightworld before Harbingers and any other RJ novels to come out, they'd know the overall outcome of some of the books? I know, I know, Nightworld already came out years and years ago, and I also know that the only real changes that'll happen in the book are in terms of Jack's experiences and knowledge, and so the revision is basically going to be the overall same outcome; all I'm asking is, if the new version of Nightworld is coming out so soon, how might that affect people reading any and all future RJ novels?

Here's what I'm thinking...

I'm thinking of delaying the Borderlands Nightworld until after the Gauntlet Harbingers.

This isn't such a big deal because I haven't started rewriting Nightworld and I will be delivering Harbingers early to Gauntlet.

Why delay? Because if you read the revised Nightworld first, you'll know the outcome (and therefore vitiate the suspense) of Harbingers.

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - Blake - 11-15-2005

fpw Wrote:Why delay? Because if you read the revised Nightworld first, you'll know the outcome (and therefore vitiate the suspense) of Harbingers.

Now that's interesting. So there's something in the revised Nightworld that's not in the original that gives away something in Harbingers? My curiosity is definitely piqued....

Blake

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - APhew - 11-15-2005

fpw Wrote:Here's what I'm thinking...

I'm thinking of delaying the Borderlands Nightworld until after the Gauntlet Harbingers.

This isn't such a big deal because I haven't started rewriting Nightworld and I will be delivering Harbingers early to Gauntlet.

Why delay? Because if you read the revised Nightworld first, you'll know the outcome (and therefore vitiate the suspense) of Harbingers.

I'm sure you know what your doing. Big Grin I'd place my vote into delaying the revised "Nightworld" until such a time that you know for sure all roads are covered when it comes to RJ. I take it that you feel comfortable enough to go ahead and do the revision with RJ novels left to write.

As it is, I say delay away! I'd rather you take your time with "Nightworld" to get the tweaks just right.

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - t4terrific - 11-15-2005

APhew Wrote:I'm sure you know what your doing. Big Grin I'd place my vote into delaying the revised "Nightworld" until such a time that you know for sure all roads are covered when it comes to RJ. I take it that you feel comfortable enough to go ahead and do the revision with RJ novels left to write.

As it is, I say delay away! I'd rather you take your time with "Nightworld" to get the tweaks just right.

It sounds like Harbingers is going to be a very critical installment!!

t4terrific Wrote:It sounds like Harbingers is going to be a very critical installment!!

VERY critical.

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - Marc - 11-15-2005

So after the next few Jack books (after Harbinger) are you going to re-release Nightworld in a 3rd edition to incorporate those books?

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - t4terrific - 11-15-2005

Marc B. Wrote:So after the next few Jack books (after Harbinger) are you going to re-release Nightworld in a 3rd edition to incorporate those books?

Published by Gauntlet, as a signed/limited edition. Hahaa!! Wouldn't that be cool!

Marc B. Wrote:So after the next few Jack books (after Harbinger) are you going to re-release Nightworld in a 3rd edition to incorporate those books?

No. The post-Harbingers / pre-Nightworld books will be devoted to trying to head off Nightworld.

I'll let you in on a secret: they fail.

So they won't impinge on Nightworld in any significant manner.

Nightworld revision? Before the next RJ(s)? - willowz - 11-15-2005

I am glad that the original nightworld will not be to radically changed, because i love it. Smile