Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   11-15-2005, 07:27 PM
HaroldDemure Wrote:the coolest Pine Barrens stuff is in Nightkill. the death match between Jake and Sarge gets me every time.

Now that's an excellent point! I'd forgotten about that, and don't Sarge and Jake come to some sort of clearing that looks as if it was burnt in a strange way...a completely denuded circle? That's a link to "The Barrens" and also to "Freak Show," methinks.

Welcome to the board HaroldDemure! Great contribution for a first post. Smile

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

mike36799   11-15-2005, 07:56 PM
jaybird Wrote:I recently finished reading Deep As The Marrow. Is the only connection to Legacies the pine barrens? Actually, if you want to get picky, I think that All The Rage has more of a connection as far as the barrens go. Am I really missing something, or what? :confused:

I read the entire book thinking it didn't have any connections with Repairman Jack. I totally forgot about the Snake thingie.
jaybird   11-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I agree. I really enjoyed Nightkill. I read it a long time ago while I was waiting for another RJ novel to come out. I think it might have been Gateways but Im not sure. Anyway, I am asking everyone to consult my list of FPW books that I dont have yet for Christmas gift ideas. Hopefully somewhere in the mix I get "Freakshow". If I dont I guess Ill just have to aquire it myself.
jaybird   11-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah. I really liked Nightkill also. My dad was tough on me when I was growing up but, I guess I got off pretty light. There were times I wanted to kill him but he never told me thats what he was training me to do.
Maggers   11-26-2005, 01:10 PM
jaybird Wrote:Yeah. I really liked Nightkill also.

Jaybird, glad you liked "Nightkill," I did, too. But not everyone has read it. You gave away something very important in your post. It would be a good idea to add a spoiler alert.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jaybird   11-26-2005, 06:10 PM
OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that. Me and my big mouth. Okay. How about this? Everybody. Forget what I said about the details of Nightkill. I just assumed that I was behind everybody else in my reading. I guess I could be wrong. Sorry for the spoiler yall.
KRW   11-26-2005, 09:02 PM
jaybird Wrote:OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that. Me and my big mouth. Okay. How about this? Everybody. Forget what I said about the details of Nightkill. I just assumed that I was behind everybody else in my reading. I guess I could be wrong. Sorry for the spoiler yall.

On your origanal post, when you are logged in, there should be a blue button to edit. Click that and type spoiler alert at the beggining of your post.

As far as most of us reading Nightkill, we have. But there are a
lot of people who just veiw this site and probably have not.

KRW
Biggles   01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
HaroldDemure Wrote:the coolest Pine Barrens stuff is in Nightkill. the death match between Jake and Sarge gets me every time.

Are you the same Harold Demure who fought in The Battle of Epping Forest? Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (2):    1 2