RepairmanJack.com Forums
Whats the connection? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Whats the connection? (/thread-1303.html)

Pages: 1 2

Whats the connection? - jaybird - 11-10-2005

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently finished reading Deep As The Marrow. Is the only connection to Legacies the pine barrens? Actually, if you want to get picky, I think that All The Rage has more of a connection as far as the barrens go. Am I really missing something, or what? :confused:

Whats the connection? - KRW - 11-10-2005

jaybird Wrote:I recently finished reading Deep As The Marrow. Is the only connection to Legacies the pine barrens? Actually, if you want to get picky, I think that All The Rage has more of a connection as far as the barrens go. Am I really missing something, or what? :confused:

In "Legacies", Milkdud talks to Jack about an expert freaker he went to school with. It ends up being Snake in "Deep as the Marrow".

KRW

Whats the connection? - fpw - 11-10-2005

KRW Wrote:In "Legacies", Milkdud talks to Jack about an expert freaker he went to school with. It ends up being Snake in "Deep as the Marrow".

Glad somebody remembers. I've forgotten.

fpw Wrote:Glad somebody remembers. I've forgotten.

Just keep writing them, leave the rest to us! Big Grin

KRW

Whats the connection? - Maggers - 11-10-2005

jaybird Wrote:I recently finished reading Deep As The Marrow. Is the only connection to Legacies the pine barrens? Actually, if you want to get picky, I think that All The Rage has more of a connection as far as the barrens go. Am I really missing something, or what? :confused:

Have you read "Freak Show?" The Pine Barrens feature prominently in it and I couldn't help but think of "Deep as the Marrow" at the climax of "Freak Show."

Maggers Wrote:Have you read "Freak Show?" The Pine Barrens feature prominently in it and I couldn't help but think of "Deep as the Marrow" at the climax of "Freak Show."

I thought of "The Barrens". The climax for "Deep as the Marrow" was a stand alone for me being it had Appletons taking care of a Snake! What a cool ending!

KRW

Whats the connection? - Maggers - 11-10-2005

KRW Wrote:I thought of "The Barrens". The climax for "Deep as the Marrow" was a stand alone for me being it had Appletons taking care of a Snake! What a cool ending!

KRW

Without a doubt, "The Barrens" and "Freak Show" share a lot in terms of the Otherness and the Pine Barrens. I wasn't referring to the climax of of "Deep as the Marrow," which I agree is top notch. I meant that in reading the climax of "Freak Show," my mind went back to both "The Barrens" and "Deep as the Marrow."

Maggers Wrote:Without a doubt, "The Barrens" and "Freak Show" share a lot in terms of the Otherness and the Pine Barrens. I wasn't referring to the climax of of "Deep as the Marrow," which I agree is top notch. I meant that in reading the climax of "Freak Show," my mind went back to both "The Barrens" and "Deep as the Marrow."

Gotchya!

KRW

Whats the connection? - jaybird - 11-14-2005

No. I havent read "Freak show". I am reading "Barrens and others" right now. I am slowly adding to my F.P.W. collection when money allows. I cant think of any better entertainment investment. Thanks for your replies. Big Grin

Whats the connection? - HaroldDemure - 11-15-2005

the coolest Pine Barrens stuff is in Nightkill. the death match between Jake and Sarge gets me every time.