Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
jimbow8   06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
I am still a big fan of The West Wing and NYPD Blue. NYPD Blue was great this season, but the West Wing noticeably misses the writing of Aaron Sorkin. It's still good, but not head and shoulders above everything else like it used to be.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Nip/Tuck, Wanderfalls, Firefly....I don't know them. But I have a curious. Smile

Firefly was created by Joss Whedon, the same guy who created Buffy. If you've seen Cowboy Bebop you'll have a pretty good idea what the show was like. In Firefly they aren't bounty hunters but Browncoats... a group of people who fought the government in bringing all planets under one common government. The Browncoats lost and now live on ships trying to stay away from the United Systems. They take on odd jobs to get food and gas and repair their ship Serenity.

If you can track the series down it's well worth the money. There are only, I think, fourteen episodes since it was cancelled so soon. Whedon is actually directing a the Firefly movie now at Universal under the title Serenity.

You can check out http://www.fireflyfans.net and get more info. on the show.

Nip/Tuck is a show about plastic surgeons. In my opinion, it really pushes what is acceptable on cable tv to a new extreme... right along with The Shield. It can get pretty graphic, but the drama is good as is the acting. The second season begins this month.

Wonderfalls was just a quirky show about a woman and the inanimate objects that talked to her. It usually involved her helping someone. It was a very cynical show which I loved.
Kenji   06-04-2004, 12:24 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I am still a big fan of The West Wing and NYPD Blue. NYPD Blue was great this season, but the West Wing noticeably misses the writing of Aaron Sorkin. It's still good, but not head and shoulders above everything else like it used to be.

I like The West Wing. I am Martin Sheen fan. This Japanese title is White House. But I don't know NYPD Blue. Well...I know NYPD=New York Police Department.
Kenji   06-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Firefly was created by Joss Whedon, the same guy who created Buffy. If you've seen Cowboy Bebop you'll have a pretty good idea what the show was like. In Firefly they aren't bounty hunters but Browncoats... a group of people who fought the government in bringing all planets under one common government. The Browncoats lost and now live on ships trying to stay away from the United Systems. They take on odd jobs to get food and gas and repair their ship Serenity.

If you can track the series down it's well worth the money. There are only, I think, fourteen episodes since it was cancelled so soon. Whedon is actually directing a the Firefly movie now at Universal under the title Serenity.

You can check out http://www.fireflyfans.net and get more info. on the show.

Nip/Tuck is a show about plastic surgeons. In my opinion, it really pushes what is acceptable on cable tv to a new extreme... right along with The Shield. It can get pretty graphic, but the drama is good as is the acting. The second season begins this month.

Wonderfalls was just a quirky show about a woman and the inanimate objects that talked to her. It usually involved her helping someone. It was a very cynical show which I loved.

WOW!! Thank you for many informations, Marc. I wanna see them ASAP! Big Grin
Specially, I wanna see Firefly. Someday, It will release by DVD.
Marc   06-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Specially, I wanna see Firefly. Someday, It will release by DVD.

Here you go: Amazon Japan
Scott Hajek   06-04-2004, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Marc B.]Firefly... If you've seen Cowboy Bebop you'll have a pretty good idea what the show was like. [QUOTE=Marc B.]

I think Firefly is one of the best science fiction shows ever. Would you recommend Cowboy Bebop for Firefly fans?

Also, Nip/Tuck is a great show just as Marc described it.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Marc   06-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I think Firefly is one of the best science fiction shows ever. Would you recommend Cowboy Bebop for Firefly fans?

If you like Anime it's well worth the time. The series was 26 episodes long, then a movie was released. Both the series and the movie are available in the U.S. If you want to get a taste of the series without watching all 26 episodes check out the movie. Nothing in the series will be spoiled as the movie takes place between episodes within the series. You can then decide whether or not you want to watch the series.
Scott Hajek   06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Marc B. Wrote:If you like Anime it's well worth the time. The series was 26 episodes long, then a movie was released. Both the series and the movie are available in the U.S. If you want to get a taste of the series without watching all 26 episodes check out the movie. Nothing in the series will be spoiled as the movie takes place between episodes within the series. You can then decide whether or not you want to watch the series.

I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Kenji   06-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Here you go: Amazon Japan

Oh....this is import DVD. I NEED SUBTITLE. Sad
SDSwami   06-04-2004, 09:47 PM
I can't say how much I love The Shield. I recommend it to everyone I know at work, but few ever watch it. Right now I'm just debating how the season is gonna end. Do the Armenians catch up to the money, and if so, is someone gonna be losing their feet? How much farther is Dutch gonna go down that psychopath road? How much of Tevan's memory will come back and will it end up haunting Shane? I love how well each character is protrayed on the show. I hate to see each season come to an end, but at least I know Fox has extended it for another year.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4