Pages (2):    1 2
The Mad American   10-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:HGTV? Home and garden? I tend not to watch any TV outside of sports and cartoons, but I have caught several episodes of Queer Eye, What Not To Wear,...etc. that my wife watches. Of these types of shows, I would have to say that Extreme Home Makeover is my favorite. I love the idea that in one weeks time, a community can come together and participate in a cause that will have lasting benefits for those they are helping without it costing them anything more than time and elbow grease.

I have to say I am a big fan of Extreme Home Makeover and I really get annoyed with the host guy but still really dig the show. The thing is this is a reality show where as you said, communities come together and help out families in need and who are deserving. Far too little of that kind of stuff in popular media in my opinion. People doing good for people who need a helping hand or are deserving of a little help.

The Barnabas Camp episode was very cool and hopefully will get that family tons of exposure and donations so they can continue to run that camp for a very very long time.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

mike36799   10-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I have been keeping up with invasion so far, seems a little like the old school "V", but a lot slower so far. I am not 100% satisfied with the story so far, but will keep up with it.

I watch Apprentice, but I won't watch the Martha one. I just dislike her, not so much the whole media strike on her a few months ago, but I will admit that did influence me a little. Generaly, I just like Donald Trump. People have always put him off to be a huge jerk, but he typically has something nice to say when he does fire someone. You can tell this more so during the end of the show with people who have been around longer. I also heard that Apprentice has a lot of "acting" for a reality show, but I dismiss that and just enjoy it as it is. Big Grin
Terry Willacker   10-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Wow. Who is more obnoxious? Trump or Ms Stewart? Tough call. No desire to watch either one.

Two and a Half Men is great.

The only new shows I keep going back to are Ghost Whisperer and how I met your Mother.

We haven't seen Commander in chief yet, though my wife and I would both like to, because we're both totally hooked on our absolutely ONLY reality show: Amazing Race. I haven't taped it because we never get around to watching anything we tape.
t4terrific   10-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:Wow. Who is more obnoxious? Trump or Ms Stewart? Tough call. No desire to watch either one.

Two and a Half Men is great.

The only new shows I keep going back to are Ghost Whisperer and how I met your Mother.

We haven't seen Commander in chief yet, though my wife and I would both like to, because we're both totally hooked on our absolutely ONLY reality show: Amazing Race. I haven't taped it because we never get around to watching anything we tape.

I'm not watching any new shows, but I've begun enjoying daily reruns of The Drew Carey Show and Yes Dear. I never watched either of them when they were live, but have found them both to be very funny with rather enjoyable characters.
jimbow8   10-26-2005, 03:37 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I'm not watching any new shows, but I've begun enjoying daily reruns of The Drew Carey Show and Yes Dear. I never watched either of them when they were live, but have found them both to be very funny with rather enjoyable characters.
Drew Carey was one of my favorite shows, but it jumped the shark at some point and I lost interest. Yes Dear is pretty decent, too. Sometimes very good. Enjoy!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
remylass   10-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I have greatly been enjoying the show Supernatural. I just love the older brother on it. He is quite amusing.
KRW   10-26-2005, 05:16 PM
remylass Wrote:I have greatly been enjoying the show Supernatural. I just love the older brother on it. He is quite amusing.

I keep missing it. But I did see the piolet and his charecter would be fun to play, no doubt.

KRW
Pages (2):    1 2