Sam   10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
A young woman (Clare Kramer) enters a strange bar in the desert along route 66 seeking shelter from a sudden bad storm. The place is run by a very odd family with terrible secrets and soon she finds herself alone and terrorized by them. But she has a secret of her own and things are not as they seem.

Ok...it starts out a bit slow and shaky as I expected but once Mama enters the picture (played by Betty Buckley) the craziness starts. Mama is a bit mental and drinking really brings out her bad side. One son (Brad Renfro) is retarded from a childhood accident, (Jahnathan Schaech) is demented but hides it well until he lets it out, and the daughter (Lori Huering) seems to be the only "normal" member of the family. There are cliches in the movie and the plot twists are easy to see. The only thing that saves this movie is the acting. Betty Buckley is incredible. Renfro and Schaech are very good in their roles and Huering seems to get better as the movie progresses. Kramer is about the only one who seems to need acting lessons. This isn't a high $$ film and the dialogue is rough at times but the actors help to pull it off. Not a movie for buying but one to rent when there's nothing else worth watching.

P.S. For some reason I keep getting a feeling of dejavu with this post. Feels like I've posted this movie before or something with a similar name? Odd.
This post was last modified: 10-26-2005, 01:59 PM by Sam.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K