Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Pleiades   10-21-2005, 08:19 PM
fpw Wrote:Hey, Pleiades -- like your Tesla tower.

I thought it was fitting since we live close by. Maggers was the first to notice it, but then she has Long Island connections.

Here are a couple of (not very good) photos of Tesla's lab as it appears today (10/21/2005). There's lots of trees and growth, so I tried to sneak inside the fence but these pale guys with dark glasses chased me away. The brown-scale picture is not mine, as you probably guessed.

For more Tesla pictures and info, Google: Tesla Shoreham. The town plans to turn it into a museum after the AFGA folks finish their waste cleanup.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Maggers   10-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Pleiades Wrote:I thought it was fitting since we live close by. Maggers was the first to notice it, but then she has Long Island connections.

Here are a couple of (not very good) photos of Tesla's lab as it appears today (10/21/2005). There's lots of trees and growth, so I tried to sneak inside the fence but these pale guys with dark glasses chased me away. The brown-scale picture is not mine, as you probably guessed.

For more Tesla pictures and info, Google: Tesla Shoreham. The town plans to turn it into a museum after the AFGA folks finish their waste cleanup.

Way cool, Pleiades! You actually got inside the fence? Neat! We were always put off by the SERIOUSLY OFFICIAL look of the fense and No Trespassing signs.

Next time I'm out Shoreham-way, maybe I'll give you a holler?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pleiades   10-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Maggers Wrote:Way cool, Pleiades! You actually got inside the fence? Neat! We were always put off by the SERIOUSLY OFFICIAL look of the fense and No Trespassing signs.

Next time I'm out Shoreham-way, maybe I'll give you a holler?

Not inside the fence. I would have gotten better pictures that way (I hope - those I posted were pretty bad). The fence is now down at the end of Tesla Street to allow trucks in and out while they dig up the contaminated soil. It would be easy to get inside -- but not very safe.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4