Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
jimbow8   05-25-2004, 11:38 PM
Sam Wrote:The Shield takes some getting used to, but it is addictive. I always watch Touching Evil, American Chopper, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC), and various cartoons which are usually the best shows on tv most of the time anyway. I'm sure Kenji would enjoy MXC if he hasn't seen it before.
MXC is the best show on TV...possibly ever!!!! I never laugh so hard as when I watch that show.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   05-25-2004, 11:56 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:MXC is the best show on TV...possibly ever!!!! I never laugh so hard as when I watch that show.

I taped the MXC marathon that ran a while back but noticed there wasn't an episode # 24. I'd heard there was a "lost" episode but don't know how to get it. Any ideas, Jimbow Bobaganoosh???
Kenji   05-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Sam Wrote:The Shield takes some getting used to, but it is addictive. I always watch Touching Evil, American Chopper, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC), and various cartoons which are usually the best shows on tv most of the time anyway. I'm sure Kenji would enjoy MXC if he hasn't seen it before.

Hi,Sam.

You mentioned MXC ....I checked in Internet. I was surprised! I know this TV program!! Starring is Takeshi Kitano, right? In Japan, we called it "Huun Takeshi-Jo". Is it now broadcasting in U.S. ? That's Amazing! Big Grin
This post was last modified: 05-26-2004, 08:34 AM by Kenji.
Dave   05-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Hi,Sam.

You mentioned MXC ....I checked in Internet. I was surprised! I know this TV program!! Starring is Takeshi Kitano, right? In Japan, we called it "Huun Takeshi-Jo". Is it now broadcasting in U.S. ? That's Amazing! Big Grin

If it's what I think it is then it is shown in the UK too as Takeshi's Castle. Very funny. I always liked the random door challenge, I love the idea of running full pelt at a door that might not open.

Dave
jimbow8   05-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Hi,Sam.

When they broadcast it in the US, they change the hosts' names to Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Kenji   05-26-2004, 09:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:When they broadcast it in the US, they change the hosts' names to Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship.

I checked it from internet search.Vic Romano is Takeshi Kitano,Sonomanma Higashi is Kenny.

So, did you know Takeshi Kitano is movie director? Cool
jimbow8   05-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:I checked it from internet search.Vic Romano is Takeshi Kitano,Sonomanma Higashi is Kenny.

So, did you know Takeshi Kitano is movie director? Cool
I did not know that? Any movies I would have heard of?

When MXC is broadcast in the US it has voices dubbed over for comedy. Is the show a comedy in Japan or is it just a standard game show?

Kenji   05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I did not know that? Any movies I would have heard of?

When MXC is broadcast in the US it has voices dubbed over for comedy. Is the show a comedy in Japan or is it just a standard game show?

THIS IS COMEDY. Big Grin

Yes, this is totally comedy, but game show. Takeshi Kitano is most famous comedian in Japan! Everybody knows him. He is TV personality,and now he is famous director in Japan and Europe(Not famous in US?).

His films are...Zatoichi(blind swordmaster), Brother, Kikujiro no natsu(Summer of Kikujiro), Sonachine, etc... and also he performed with Keanu Reeves in JM(Johnny Mnemonic).

Details are check it in IMdb.(name;Takeshi Kitano).
This post was last modified: 05-26-2004, 10:16 AM by Kenji.
Sam   05-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes Dave, it is Takeshi's Castle. I'm glad to hear it is catching on. Most people in my area have not heard of it yet, which is their loss. If I knew how, I'd send Kenji a copy of the tapes I have so far so he could check out the dubbed American version. Hope he finds it as funny as we do.

If you don't mind adult oriented cartoons, then check out the late night shows on Cartoon Network. They take old characters and spice them up. There is Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Sea Lab 2000(?), Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law (which is hilarious!!). Of course they also have Futurama and The Family Guy (which I can't believe was cancelled in the first place). What happened to the adult Ren and Stimpy toons??? To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with them but it was the old R&S toons that came on afterwards that tuned me in.
SDSwami   05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I was really excited when I heard there was going to be new Ren and Stimpy cartoons and I was even more disappointed after I saw them. I think the first one I saw, they made R&S out to be gay, which just didn't seem right. I too did really enjoy seeing the old ones again. Nothing is better than Powdered Toast Man.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4