Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
thisisatest   05-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Steve D
All right, didn't that finale to Smallville smack of the the Godfather ending (I mean "stylistcally," not "funnily")? And didn't that Angel finale smack of the Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid ending? And yes, I loved both finales. Looks like Clark might just be returning in some new duds. Now let's see if Star Trek can finale equally with the hype building up to it.
Ken Valentine   05-24-2004, 04:17 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
All right, didn't that finale to Smallville smack of the the Godfather ending (I mean "stylistcally," not "funnily")? And didn't that Angel finale smack of the Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid ending? And yes, I loved both finales. Looks like Clark might just be returning in some new duds. Now let's see if Star Trek can finale equally with the hype building up to it.

"Funnily?!?" Boy, just wait until Lisa gets her hands on YOU!

How about, "(I mean regarding style, not humor?)"

"Finale equally?"

Finale isn't a verb.

How about, "Now let's see if the Star Trek finale is equal to the build-up it's getting."

Their, ain't that more better? Big Grin

Ken V.
Kenji   05-24-2004, 11:17 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

About Smallville, how many seasons broadcast in US? In Japan, only first season. I remember the last(young Clark Kent run into Hurricane), and I still waiting second season.

About Star Trek, is it Enterprise? I still never seen it... Sad
Marc   05-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:About Smallville, how many seasons broadcast in US? In Japan, only first season. I remember the last(young Clark Kent run into Hurricane), and I still waiting second season.

About Star Trek, is it Enterprise? I still never seen it... Sad

I think Smallville is currently in season three. And yes... Enterprise is the current Star Trek series. It was just picked up for a fourth season. Good thing too since there is no other good show on now (thank you WB!). And for those non-believers, Enterprise did get really good this season after two pretty bad seasons.
SDSwami   05-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I think Smallville is currently in season three. And yes... Enterprise is the current Star Trek series. It was just picked up for a fourth season. Good thing too since there is no other good show on now (thank you WB!). And for those non-believers, Enterprise did get really good this season after two pretty bad seasons.

About the only show I make time for watching is The Shield. I will drop everything I'm doing to make sure I catch each weeks episodes. Everything else I watch gets Tivo'd and then I watch when I want.
Marc   05-24-2004, 01:56 PM
SDSwami Wrote:About the only show I make time for watching is The Shield. I will drop everything I'm doing to make sure I catch each weeks episodes. Everything else I watch gets Tivo'd and then I watch when I want.

I tried watching The Sheild but never got into it. Same thing with NYPD Blue. Cop shows just don't interest me all that much. One show I saw the series finale of, and now I'm sorta bummed I never watched, was The Practice. It was pretty good. I'm curious to see how the spin-off series is.

Unfortunately way to much of television is reality t.v. and that is a crying shame since the vast majority of it stinks. What ever happened to good t.v.? Does the viewing audience really enjoy this stuff or is it that show executives think this is the drivel people want so the audience watches for lack of anything better?
Noelie   05-24-2004, 04:51 PM
The only TV shows I watch are The West Wing and Third Watch. I'll still watch ER from time to time, but the quality has really gone downhill. :\

Oh. And Law and Order in all it's various forms. The Criminal Intent ones with Vincent D'Onofrio tend to be quite good.
Terry Willacker   05-24-2004, 05:06 PM
The shows I tried not to miss this season were Tru Calling, Angel, Smallville, and Masterpiece Theater's Helen Mirren British cop show. I watched Enterprise semi-regularly, but got tired of it even though I am a Trek fan (loved original series and DS9, also never missed Voyager, didn't like Next Gen as well). Also, my wife and I like to watch Jeopardy and The Daily Show (Jon Stewart). The only reality show I can stand is The Amazing Race which I really like. I hear it is returning in July, but, unfortunately, on Saturdays.
jimbow8   05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I only regularly watch The West Wing (which was disappointing this season) and NYPD Blue (which was very good this season). I only get the air/antenna channels now since I decided not to pay the exorbitant rates, but when I did, I watched the Daily Show religiously. I found it a better source of real news than the real news shows. I used to also watch Whose Line is it Anyway and Insomniac.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   05-25-2004, 11:21 PM
The Shield takes some getting used to, but it is addictive. I always watch Touching Evil, American Chopper, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC), and various cartoons which are usually the best shows on tv most of the time anyway. I'm sure Kenji would enjoy MXC if he hasn't seen it before.
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4