Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   09-13-2005, 11:09 AM
This evening, I went to theater see "Stir of Echoes". Japanese title is "Echoes". It was very very.....GOOD!!! I liked it.

Actually, before I see this movie, I didn't know it was based on Richard Matheson's novel. I want to read this book, but it's now out of print.

Movie was.....well, synthetically it reminded me of Sixth Sense. Some of the scenes (Short flashback, red color, whispers) were very effective and disturbing. As usual, Kevin Bacon's acting was excellent.

By the way, at the basement scenes, it reminded me of my favorite RJ novel. You know it, of course. Wink Big Grin
Mike   09-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Kenji Wrote:This evening, I went to theater see "Stir of Echoes". Japanese title is "Echoes". It was very very.....GOOD!!! I liked it.

Actually, before I see this movie, I didn't know it was based on Richard Matheson's novel. I want to read this book, but it's now out of print.

Movie was.....well, synthetically it reminded me of Sixth Sense. Some of the scenes (Short flashback, red color, whispers) were very effective and disturbing. As usual, Kevin Bacon's acting was excellent.

By the way, at the basement scenes, it reminded me of my favorite RJ novel. You know it, of course. Wink Big Grin

The book was written in the '50's by Matheson. I enjoyed both the book and the movie, though the movie modernized things a bit. I'll see if I can locate a copy for you (provided the Bluesman doesn't send you one first).
KRW   09-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Kenji Wrote:This evening, I went to theater see "Stir of Echoes". Japanese title is "Echoes". It was very very.....GOOD!!! I liked it.

I felt the same way when I watched that basement scene! And as you said, Bacon was excellent!

KRW
Sam   09-13-2005, 09:23 PM
I think this movie had one of the best chills/butt pucker/ (insert curse word here)!!! scene ever - the finger nail. Still gets to me when I think about it.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
neotank   09-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Kevin Bacon has a classic line in this movie.

He's standing in the front yard holding a hose, standing before a large hole he dug and his wife asks what he's doing, and he replies "the water softens the dirt."

I laughed for a good ten minutes.
t4terrific   09-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Sam Wrote:I think this movie had one of the best chills/butt pucker/ (insert curse word here)!!! scene ever - the finger nail. Still gets to me when I think about it.

This film always makes me want to buy orange juice.
Paige   09-14-2005, 03:31 AM
I know it's not exactly high art, but I absolutely love this movie. I had "paint it black" stuck in my head for weeks after I saw it. Actually I think one of the best scenes is when he's standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom and pulls out his tooth.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Kenji   09-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Sam Wrote:I think this movie had one of the best chills/butt pucker/ (insert curse word here)!!! scene ever - the finger nail. Still gets to me when I think about it.

Ugh!!! :eek: Ouch! The finger nail! When I saw that scene, I clasped tight my fingers.
Kenji   09-14-2005, 07:06 AM
t4terrific Wrote:This film always makes me want to buy orange juice.

A lot of orange juice in a refrigerator.......That cracked me up! Big Grin
Kenji   09-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Paige Wrote:I know it's not exactly high art, but I absolutely love this movie. I had "paint it black" stuck in my head for weeks after I saw it.

Yep. Rolling Stones's songs suit to horror movies. For example, "Time is on my side" in Fallen.

Paige Wrote:Actually I think one of the best scenes is when he's standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom and pulls out his tooth.

Ah, that scene was chilly. It reminded me of Tommyknockers.

By the way, what is your new avatar? Smile
This post was last modified: 09-14-2005, 07:29 AM by Kenji.
Pages (2): 1 2