Pages (2):    1 2
Paige   09-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Kenji Wrote:By the way, what is your new avatar? Smile

It's a photo of Tim Daly blurred (I always thought he'd play a great Jack) and it says "Jack's back"

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Sam   09-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Paige Wrote:It's a photo of Tim Daly blurred (I always thought he'd play a great Jack) and it says "Jack's back"

Whoa. Thought I was the only one with that opinion. His performance in Storm of the Century put him on my list. There was a few times in that film when he was angry and it seemed like his eyes became darker. Almost black. He looks like my vision of Jack. Cool avatar!

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Maggers   09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Sam Wrote:Whoa. Thought I was the only one with that opinion. His performance in Storm of the Century put him on my list. There was a few times in that film when he was angry and it seemed like his eyes became darker. Almost black. He looks like my vision of Jack. Cool avatar!

I, too, would love to see Tim Daly play Jack. He's 49 now, so he may be getting a little long in the tooth. Though for my money, his teeth can grow as long as any other body part and I'd still be a happy camper! Big Grin He be a cutie!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Paige   09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
He was unbelievable in "Eyes." I was so disappointed it was canceled.

Sam Wrote:Cool avatar!

Thank you Smile

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
t4terrific   09-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Sam Wrote:Whoa. Thought I was the only one with that opinion. His performance in Storm of the Century put him on my list. There was a few times in that film when he was angry and it seemed like his eyes became darker. Almost black. He looks like my vision of Jack. Cool avatar!

Wings was one of my favorites tv shows, at the time. I'd say on a Repairman Jack Scale of 1 to 10 (10 is high), he'd rate a 7.
Kenji   09-14-2005, 05:28 PM

Storm of the Century was excellent. That's one of my favorite King's original stories. Colm Fiore was weird.
t4terrific   09-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Kenji Wrote:Storm of the Century was excellent. That's one of my favorite King's original stories. Colm Fiore was weird.

It definitely evoked a lot of emotions in me. When the town, even the mother, decided to give up the child, I wanted to fly into them like a buzzsaw. I felt actual rage against them all.

I agree with Kenji. It's the best of the tv miniseries type King films. I think, based solely on the merits of the film, The Shining is the best movie based on a Stephen King novel. I realize King hated it and King's "Trues" also hate it. Based only on the merits of the film though (not in how it comares to the book), it's the best. A truely chilling fim with some fantastic, even iconic, scenes.
Pages (2):    1 2