Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Scott Hajek   03-17-2004, 11:53 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Was that The Detective starring Frank Sinatra as Detective Joe Leland who was later changed to detective John McLane for the Die hard films

Congratulations. Not many people have ever answered the question correctly. Not only did they change the name, but in Die Hard - the book version - they also had the main character in his 60's, it was his daughter he was visiting, and the ending was different, too. (No spoilers). The movie was very, very close to the book in the pacing, the scenes and the action. Pretty true to the book even though they played with it a bit. Unlike the upcoming "I, Robot." That looks like Aliens meets A.I.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
jpwynn   03-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Hey! Who are you calling a completist? We are merely overly obsessed whackos with little to say of a life, too much money (or debt) and an overwhelming desire to have a copy of every appearance of every story and or book. Wait, I like "completist" better. Yes. Completist will do fine.

And, yes, "The Last Rakosh" was incorporated into All The Rage. Although, I got a copy of "The Last Rakosh" before I knew Jack was coming back.

How exactly is it incorporated into "All the Rage"? Is it just because he deals with the last rakosh, or do you all have a different edition of All the Rage than mine?
APhew   03-18-2004, 07:32 PM
jpwynn Wrote:How exactly is it incorporated into "All the Rage"? Is it just because he deals with the last rakosh, or do you all have a different edition of All the Rage than mine?

The actual text of the short story "The Last Rakosh" was melded into the story of "All the Rage". I'm sure there were little snips and edits here and there to make it blend in with the main story.

The same was done with the short story "Home Repairs" being incorporated into "Conspiracies".
Carcosa   04-09-2004, 12:24 PM
I believe that Shocklines.com can supply those who wish to belately sign on to the Borderlands limiteds matching numbers if you act quickly. If you pre-order all of them at once, there is only a one-time shipping charge, the books have a modest discount off the published price, they don't "pre-charge" you and you get bang up service. I buy ALL my small press stuff from them at this point. And no, I don't own the company Smile
Tim Hatch   04-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Carcosa Wrote:I believe that Shocklines.com can supply those who wish to belately sign on to the Borderlands limiteds matching numbers if you act quickly. If you pre-order all of them at once, there is only a one-time shipping charge, the books have a modest discount off the published price, they don't "pre-charge" you and you get bang up service. I buy ALL my small press stuff from them at this point. And no, I don't own the company Smile

I agree. Matt Schwartz knows customer service and the books he sells. I always get first rate service.
Biggles   04-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Carcosa Wrote:I believe that Shocklines.com can supply those who wish to belately sign on to the Borderlands limiteds matching numbers if you act quickly. If you pre-order all of them at once, there is only a one-time shipping charge, the books have a modest discount off the published price, they don't "pre-charge" you and you get bang up service. I buy ALL my small press stuff from them at this point. And no, I don't own the company Smile

I did this just recently and was assured of matching numbers, but you should hurry up and reserve now.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4