Pages (2):    1 2
Weatherford   09-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Kenji - did they make the wonderful story of the boy and the turtle into an episode? One of my favorite short stories. Bradbury is incredible!!

(When will the series be out on DVD?)
Kenji   09-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Weatherford Wrote:Kenji - did they make the wonderful story of the boy and the turtle into an episode? One of my favorite short stories. Bradbury is incredible!!

(When will the series be out on DVD?)

Boy and turtle? Hmm........I don't remember the episode. :confused:

I'm waiting for DVD's release,too. Actually, I didn't see all episodes. I watched about 10 or 15 episodes only. So I want to see all episodes.

Bradbury is still popular author in Ireland? He's now not popular in Japan. Sad
Kenji   03-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Today I saw A History of Violence and this "A Sound of Thunder".

*****Minor spoiler*****

Original short story, "A sound of thunder" is my favorite story. I still remember that surprising ending. Just one butterfly! One butterfly changed history! Can you believe it? I was amazed by Ray Bradbury's imagination. He is now 85 years old. Still he's writing!Smile

And, this movie version. At first I was worried Peter Hyams made this movie. But I was surprised myself. Because honestly, I enjoyed it. Excellent SFX, Weird creatures and vegetation, those essences were not included in original. But after all, a cause was "one butterfly".

Speaking of actors, I laughed at Ben Kingsley's too exaggerated acting. He is a capitalist from hell! Big Grin

By the way, in this movie, time's change is slow like aftermath come. But on the other hand, in "Back to the Future" time's change happened while unnoticed. If time travel is possible, and if someone changed the past, which change is right? What do you think about it?

Charleswg   03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
fpw Wrote:I believe it's based on Bradbury's short story titled -- surprise! -- "A Sound of Thunder." (It was also illustrated in one if EC's titles.)

This is one of my favorite short stories....I read this for school when I was 12....we had to write a small paper on the story. Fantastic.

Anyone who has not read this- go and read.....and I also suggest reading Something Wicked this Way Comes by Mr. Bradbury

See- public schools are not falling apart!

CG
Sam   03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Watched this movie last night and it was so-so. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. If they'd had a bigger budget it could've been really good.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Pages (2):    1 2