Pages (2): 1 2   
Jay #1   09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Short and sweet, it's the future. Time Travel is possible. There's a company called Time Safari where tourists go back in time to when something is already occuring and watch it end. Such as a dinosaur being taken down by a predator.

Of course, one of the guides does something stupid and changes something. (paraphrasing from summary of preview)

The problem with this is: It's based on a 10 or 15 year old science fiction book called Time Safari Inc. I doubt they kept to the original story.... might not go see it. Then again I might. It depends on what I'm in the mood for.
Kenji   09-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:The problem with this is: It's based on a 10 or 15 year old science fiction book called Time Safari Inc. I doubt they kept to the original story.... might not go see it. Then again I might. It depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Really? Is this not based on Ray Bradbury's short story?
Jay #1   09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Hmmm... didn't know Ray Bradbury had a short story on it. But the Time Safari Inc. book matches the storyline summary of the movie.

Kenji Wrote:Really? Is this not based on Ray Bradbury's short story?
APhew   09-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Kenji Wrote:Really? Is this not based on Ray Bradbury's short story?

It is: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...s&n=507846

Also, check the writing credits here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318081/

There is a book called "Time Safari" by David Drake, but it's a completely different kind of story.

As for the movie, enough people have warned me off of it that I won't go see it. I'll definately see it on DVD though, just because.
This post was last modified: 09-09-2005, 11:55 AM by APhew.
jimbow8   09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:Hmmm... didn't know Ray Bradbury had a short story on it. But the Time Safari Inc. book matches the storyline summary of the movie.
Is the Bradbury story the one about the underwater city, Kenji? If so, that is a really good story.

If not, anyone know what I'm referring to? (Thunderclap, maybe?)
This post was last modified: 09-09-2005, 12:21 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
fpw   09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I believe it's based on Bradbury's short story titled -- surprise! -- "A Sound of Thunder." (It was also illustrated in one if EC's titles.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jay #1   09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
shows how much I know. *grin*

fpw Wrote:I believe it's based on Bradbury's short story titled -- surprise! -- "A Sound of Thunder." (It was also illustrated in one if EC's titles.)
fpw   09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
fpw Wrote:I believe it's based on Bradbury's short story titled -- surprise! -- "A Sound of Thunder." (It was also illustrated in one of EC's titles.)

Take a look:

http://costa.lunarpages.com/ec/wsf25.html

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Medusa   09-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Wow that's kind of weird! My maiden name is Costa.
Kenji   09-09-2005, 06:22 PM
By the way, has anyone seen this TV series? The title is The Ray Bradbury Theater.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088591/

This is one of my favorite TV series. Still I have Laser Discs. Cool Those are 30 minutes short films, and based on Bradbury's short stories.

My favorite top 5 episodes are....

1, "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl" Episode: #2.1 - 23 January 1988

This is very funny story. One man(Michael Ionside) murdered friend. Then he realized he left fingerprints in the house...

2, "A Sound of Thunder" Episode: #3.6 - 11 August 1989

One of Dinosaur hunters step on creature, then they come back to own world. But.....

3, "The Coffin" Episode: #2.9 - 7 May 1988

This is a story about two greedy brothers. Very funny, but very scary. Be careful to a testament!

4, "The Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone" Episode: #3.7 - 18 August 1989

This is a story about famous author and assassin. Very good story.

5, "The Emissary" Episode: #2.3 - 13 February 1988

I love this story! This is a story about boy, his dog, his mother, his school teacher. Very touching, and wonderful ending.
Pages (2): 1 2