fpw   09-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Can't say much more than captivating, fascinating, cool. Uniquely structured. (On a side note, I found the scenes involving the Red China's Cultural Revolution upsetting -- and proof of my assertion that, as far as individual liberty is concerned, the only difference between fascism and communism is the rhetoric.)

FF= 1 (during the Cultural Revolution sequence)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   09-07-2005, 10:12 AM
fpw Wrote:Can't say much more than captivating, fascinating, cool. Uniquely structured. (On a side note, I found the scenes involving the Red China's Cultural Revolution upsetting -- and proof of my assertion that, as far as individual liberty is concerned, the only difference between fascism and communism is the rhetoric.)

FF= 1 (during the Cultural Revolution sequence)

I enjoyed this movie also. Great international cast. It reminded of a similar movie called Twenty Bucks, which followed the life of a $20 bill.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
smithers52   09-08-2005, 01:22 AM
It's a bit sad in certain parts. For example when the kid dies.
Weatherford   09-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I really enjoyed this movie, too! I just wish the actually playing had been more historically accurate.

Oh, well, can't have everything, and Joshua Bell did a gorgeous job...