t4terrific   09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
I've completed my Gauntlet numbered Repairman Jack collection today with the arrival of Crisscross. I'm very pleased indeed. I also have the first printing of Legacies by Headline. Now, the tough part will be Whispers Press' numbered 1st Edition of The Tomb. I need that one now. I have the NEL first printing of Nightworld, but I'd like to get the Dark Harvest numbered edition too since I love numbered and signed books.

I can't wait for The Last Rakosh. I hope they ship soon!!
Anders Monsen   09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I've completed my Gauntlet numbered Repairman Jack collection today with the arrival of Crisscross. I'm very pleased indeed. I also have the first printing of Legacies by Headline. Now, the tough part will be Whispers Press' numbered 1st Edition of The Tomb. I need that one now.

Be prepared to pay a hefty amount for the Whispers Press edition.
Keith the Elder   09-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Repairman Jack Fall Collection of urban apparel for the unconventional problem solver for hire. My bad.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Maggers   09-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about Repairman Jack Fall Collection of urban apparel for the unconventional problem solver for hire. My bad.

ROFL! For Jack's wardrobe, you need look no further than Old Navy or the Gap. Whatever will make you blend in with the masses.

Funny, Keith! I have an image of Jack sashaying down a runway, first in steel-tipped boots, then in whispering sneakers, but always in flannel and jeans.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

t4terrific   09-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Maggers Wrote:ROFL! For Jack's wardrobe, you need look no further than Old Navy or the Gap. Whatever will make you blend in with the masses.

How would Jack dress if he lived in Austin, Texas? Rodeo Jack would be a hoot. Stetson hat. Justin boots. Wrangler jeans. A leather belt that says "Just Jack" across the back.
BrettM   09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Maggers Wrote:ROFL! For Jack's wardrobe, you need look no further than Old Navy or the Gap.
They sell holsters now? (An indispensible fashion accessory! I can picture Jack getting to the end of the runway and pausing to coyly raise the leg of his jeans to show off the latest in non-chafing ankle holsters ... Smile)

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Anders Monsen   09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
t4terrific Wrote:How would Jack dress if he lived in Austin, Texas? Rodeo Jack would be a hoot. Stetson hat. Justin boots. Wrangler jeans. A leather belt that says "Just Jack" across the back.

I lived in Austin, Texas for 13 years. Not everyone down here wears cowboy gear. Jack would look not so very different in Austin from NY, except he'd probably wear a lot more shorts and less jackets, which make hiding that Semerling somewhat more complicated Smile
t4terrific   09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Anders Monsen Wrote:I lived in Austin, Texas for 13 years. Not everyone down here wears cowboy gear. Jack would look not so very different in Austin from NY, except he'd probably wear a lot more shorts and less jackets, which make hiding that Semerling somewhat more complicated Smile

Regions do have certain fashion trends though. I lift with a black guy from Victoria, Texas who looks like he should be doing the Boot Scootin Boggie when he shows up at the gym.
Anders Monsen   09-07-2005, 12:34 AM
t4terrific Wrote:Regions do have certain fashion trends though. I lift with a black guy from Victoria, Texas who looks like he should be doing the Boot Scootin Boggie when he shows up at the gym.

True, but Austin's also a hip college town and major music capital. Certainly in smaller Texas towns you'll find more boot wearin', tabaccy chewin', gun totin, truck drivin' folks. And then, there are big weird cities, too, like Dallas or Houston...
t4terrific   09-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Anders Monsen Wrote:Certainly in smaller Texas towns you'll find more boot wearin', tabaccy chewin', gun totin, truck drivin' folks. And then, there are big weird cities, too, like Dallas or Houston...

All of those sound good to me. I gave up Redman because it was a little too addictive. I don't wear boots because they don't have enough traction. I don't drive a truck becaus I have more use for an SUV. All things being equal, I'd rather be in Florida. Big Grin