Kev The Brit   05-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi there. Does anyone out there remember an 80's sitcom about two single mom's with their kids. Most of the show appeared in the OTHER mom's house - any ideas on title of the show , female stars, characters names - a friend has asked me, and I can't recall what it was - HELP PLEASE someone ?<P>thanks, kevin
jimbow8   05-22-2004, 05:48 PM
If most of the show took place in the OTHER mom's house, wouldn't the other mom be the OTHER mom then? Any idea who any of the actors were or plots or anything?

This is all I could find: Throb (1986-1988)
Not a good title for a TV sitcom.
This post was last modified: 05-22-2004, 05:57 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Kev The Brit Wrote:Hi there. Does anyone out there remember an 80's sitcom about two single mom's with their kids. Most of the show appeared in the OTHER mom's house - any ideas on title of the show , female stars, characters names - a friend has asked me, and I can't recall what it was - HELP PLEASE someone ?<P>thanks, kevin

Is this an American sitcom, Kev?
Biggles   05-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Kev The Brit Wrote:Hi there. Does anyone out there remember an 80's sitcom about two single mom's with their kids. Most of the show appeared in the OTHER mom's house - any ideas on title of the show , female stars, characters names - a friend has asked me, and I can't recall what it was - HELP PLEASE someone ?<P>thanks, kevin

Kate and Allie? With Jane Curtin (formerly of SNL) and Susan St. James (formerly of "The Name of the Game" and "McMillan and Wife"). "The Name of the Game" was a series where Gene Barry, Tony Franciosa and Robert Stack all played journalists and alternated episodes. Susan St. James played their girl Friday (Peggy?). I loved that show when it was on in the '60s. Had one of the best themes on TV, along with "It Takes a Thief" and "Ironside".

Does TV in the "00s" suck or what? When I think of all the great shows there used to be (add "Medical Center" with Chad Everett to the above), and compare them to the "reality" shows we have now, it makes me want to puke!

Oh! And don't forget the better British shows, like "Danger Man"/"Secret Agent", "The Avengers", "The Saint", and "The Prisoner", not to mention comedies like "Monty Python", "Doctor in the House", and "Fawlty Towers".
This post was last modified: 05-22-2004, 11:50 PM by Biggles.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Kev The Brit   05-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Is this an American sitcom, Kev?

Mike, yes, as far as I know it was - two single mothers, each with a child, one of the mothers MOM #1 and her child spent more time at Mom #2 and her childs house - this seemed to be the focus for the whole series plot. It was definately NOT 'Kate And Allie'.....neither had Kids, were both pretty derisive individuals, and liked to DRINK lots of Booze if I recall. Not the ideal environment for Tv kids.

Laters

Kevin
DaveStrorm   05-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Kev The Brit Wrote:It was definately NOT 'Kate And Allie'.....neither had Kids, were both pretty derisive individuals, and liked to DRINK lots of Booze if I recall. Not the ideal environment for Tv kids.
Both Kate & Allie had kids. They lived in the same house though so that still doesn't fit your original description. Drawing a blank on anything else right now.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Kev The Brit Wrote:Mike, yes, as far as I know it was - two single mothers, each with a child, one of the mothers MOM #1 and her child spent more time at Mom #2 and her childs house - this seemed to be the focus for the whole series plot. It was definately NOT 'Kate And Allie'.....neither had Kids, were both pretty derisive individuals, and liked to DRINK lots of Booze if I recall. Not the ideal environment for Tv kids.

Laters

Kevin

Beats the hell out of me, Kev...but I'm sure a scholar on our board will come up with the answer. BTW, how's life in the UK these days?
Ken Valentine   05-24-2004, 04:02 AM
Biggles Wrote:Kate and Allie? With Jane Curtin (formerly of SNL) and Susan St. James (formerly of "The Name of the Game" and "McMillan and Wife"). "The Name of the Game" was a series where Gene Barry, Tony Franciosa and Robert Stack all played journalists and alternated episodes. Susan St. James played their girl Friday (Peggy?). I loved that show when it was on in the '60s. Had one of the best themes on TV, along with "It Takes a Thief" and "Ironside".

Does TV in the "00s" suck or what? When I think of all the great shows there used to be (add "Medical Center" with Chad Everett to the above), and compare them to the "reality" shows we have now, it makes me want to puke!

Oh! And don't forget the better British shows, like "Danger Man"/"Secret Agent", "The Avengers", "The Saint", and "The Prisoner", not to mention comedies like "Monty Python", "Doctor in the House", and "Fawlty Towers".

Ever notice how "The Golden Age Of Television" was the time when sponsors had the greatest control over program content?

Ken V.
Sam   05-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Was it a comedy or drama??? Anyway I'm stumped, too. You can try looking on 80s.com it has a HUGE list of tv shows from the 80s in alphabetical order.
Peter   05-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I'm stumped too. And Bluesman life in the UK goes on pretty much as before. Is that good or bad I wonder? Oh, except it's getting hotter.

Now that is good cos we can moan about it, just like we did when it was getting colder...