Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Blake   09-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Susan Wrote:No matter how much editing you do or how many people read the story before it goes to press or e-book, there will always be typos.

Quite true, though it certainly can drive the anal among us crazy, sometimes in amusing ways. I took notes on typos in the Sims trade hardcover, for example, and sent them to Paul, who kindly incorporated corrections for the paperback. My mother than read the paperback and promptly informed me that I missed at least two typos. And she was right, dammit! Smile

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Lisa   09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Hmm, I ordered up that story a couple weeks ago. I'll have to go read it and write a wee review. Smile

Lisa
maxplay   09-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Submitted my review (loved the story, BTW). Don't know when Amazon will get around to posting it...

Always Play the Max!
KRW   09-02-2005, 12:08 AM
maxplay Wrote:Submitted my review (loved the story, BTW). Don't know when Amazon will get around to posting it...

I'm gonna wait to give my review untill I find out if I have to buy it for a THIRD time! No it's not their fault it's mine. :o It's still worth it!

KRW
Terry Willacker   09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I wish the guy would change his name. It is too close to mine. But, mine is longer and I am in Cincinnati. I haven't read the story, but I love the RJ books.
Jay #1   09-05-2005, 04:08 AM
now now, lets not insult that type of relationship.. I have a friend who is the first person in her family to marry outside of it. And she's doing exceedingly well. (By the way, she has the family tree to prove this)

Biggles Wrote:Every village has to have at least one idiot. His parents were probably siblings.
sll   09-05-2005, 05:14 AM
***SPOILER***

Might have been kind'a interesting if Jack was able to save the kid, the lieutenant, realizing who did it (matching the slugs)would feel indebted and then brought back in a future story.

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Susan Wrote:A word on typos:

No matter how much editing you do or how many people read the story before it goes to press or e-book, there will always be typos. I design and layout books, so I can tell you this from experience. However, it should be easy to edit an e-book and then resubmit it to Amazon (if Da Man is so inclined).

Susan

Not so sure about that, Susan. I used to work as a proofreader, and I found that if =2= people read a piece, you got pretty clean copy. But--and you're certainly right on this--once it got out of our hands, anything could happen. Why, once I wemtoberas peax ano ehjagjihaigh... If you know what I mean... Rolleyes
fpw   09-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Not so sure about that, Susan. I used to work as a proofreader, and I found that if =2= people read a piece, you got pretty clean copy. But--and you're certainly right on this--once it got out of our hands, anything could happen. Why, once I wemtoberas peax ano ehjagjihaigh... If you know what I mean... Rolleyes

I've had four or five people read a piece. They all found errors, but not necessarily the same ones, and between all of them, some still slipped through.

I sent Amazon a cleaner copy and they say they're going to make a switch.

The most embarrassing typo for me was "brassieres." I wasn't paying all that much attention to my spellchecker and allowed it to substitue that for "basseries."

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-05-2005, 12:19 PM
fpw Wrote:I've had four or five people read a piece. They all found errors, but not necessarily the same ones, and between all of them, some still slipped through.

I sent Amazon a cleaner copy and they say they're going to make a switch.

The most embarrassing typo for me was "brassieres." I wasn't paying all that much attention to my spellchecker and allowed it to substitue that for "basseries."

Well, dadburnit, Paul, you're not calling on the best!--that's me! Tell you what--I'll proofread and copy edit your tales for free. Now, what could be fairer than that? "Brassiers" and "basseries?" Oh, Paul, that's bad... Time to turn to a pro. Doncha think? Wink
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4