Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
ccosborne3   03-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Maggers Wrote:Did I read the coming attractions correctly? Is the next episode the SERIES finale? Is the series going to end after only two fabulous years? Booooo Hooooo!

I guess the real drama ends with the deaths of Caesar, Marc Anthony and Cleopatra. Octavian goes on to become Caesar Augustus. He brings a hard won peace to his empire and lives for a long time. Not so exciting as the life and times of Caesar et al.

Will Pullo and Vorenas fight one another and die in each other's arms?

I could tell this was it early in the season as they were speeding the story along. It's a shame though. HBO is really going down the tubes. After the last ten episodes of the Soprano's airs they got nothing. I like Entourage but it's not the same as the one hour dramas they've had. Rome, The Sopranos and Deadwood have been (in my book) three of the best shows ever to be on TV. Now they're all gone.

It's kind of sad.
ccosborne3   03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:Will Pullo and Vorenas fight one another and die in each other's arms?

Probably.

Vorenas seems to be a father figure to Cleopatra's (and Pullo's) son. no way he's going to allow anybody to kill him. And sadly two Caesars are one Caesar too many. Pullo may very well end up killing his own son. I could also see Pullo and Vorenus faking the kids death somehow.

We'll see.
Maggers   03-25-2007, 11:31 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:... I could also see Pullo and Vorenus faking the kids death somehow.

We'll see.

How right you are. Oh, so sad to see the end of Rome. I liked the last scene with Pullo saying to his son, "Oh, and about your father...."

I realized a little late that when Vorenus was playing ball and telling Caesarian about "his father," he was actually telling him about Pullo rather than Caesar.

Ahh Pullo, what a guy, what a great character. And to see Atia coming out to be first lady of Rome was great. Good old Atia, true to form.

In real life, Octavian's mother was Atia, but she died long before he became Caesar. Young Caesarian was killed. Octavia did take care of Marc Antony's children in Rome after Anthony died. Servilia was Caesar's favorite mistress, but neither she nor Atia were at each other's throats as they were in this series. But it made for such great drama, who really cares.

Ahh, Rome, I am mourning your passing already, what a superlative series.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   03-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Maggers Wrote:Ahh, Rome, I am mourning your passing already, what a superlative series.

Yeah, I hate when a good show ends. Always leaves a void in my viewing schedule. Smile
Scott Miller   02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Maggers Wrote:I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I'm catching up. The second season of ROME will begin soon. Tonight, I stumbled on the first 3 episodes of the first year. It was a good time to sit and watch, and so I did. Very enjoyable!

I'll catch up on the rest of the episodes before the second season begins.

I love that the two of the lead women have curly red hair (yup, I'm deeply superficial, I am) Big Grin. Atia is one foxy, cunning, and treacherous babe, and I've only seen 3 episodes. I can't imagine what other trouble she'll cause.

I'm really late to the party, but damn is Rome worth it. There is not one thing I don't like about it. Every actor excels; there isn't a single character whose story doesn't intrigue. The production outstanding; everything looks like ancient times to me. But I think the real star of the show is Bruno Heller who spun the Machiavellian plot. I've seen friendly viper pits than the Rome he created.

And I'll have to second Atia being the most cunning bitch ever-she is sublimely wicked.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Maggers   02-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm really late to the party, but damn is Rome worth it. There is not one thing I don't like about it. Every actor excels; there isn't a single character whose story doesn't intrigue. The production outstanding; everything looks like ancient times to me. But I think the real star of the show is Bruno Heller who spun the Machiavellian plot. I've seen friendly viper pits than the Rome he created.

And I'll have to second Atia being the most cunning bitch ever-she is sublimely wicked.

I loved ROME, loved it! If you've read any of the LOST threads, you know I'm a LOSTmanic - I'm crazy for that show. But for me, ROME is the best TV series ever made.

I agree that there is not a sour note in ROME. It's a sublime series. You will continue to love it, Scott, ROME will not disappoint.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Maggers Wrote:I loved ROME, loved it! If you've read any of the LOST threads, you know I'm a LOSTmanic - I'm crazy for that show. But for me, ROME is the best TV series ever made.

I agree that there is not a sour note in ROME. It's a sublime series. You will continue to love it, Scott, ROME will not disappoint.

I wrapped up Season 1 last night; great show. I oly had a couple of minor quibbles: I didn't like the Cleopatra episode and I would have like to have seen some dates-how many years did Season 1 last? I figure about four because that is about how old Naobi's son looked at the end of the final episode.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4