xmradiodave   08-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Complete Shit!

[Image: logo2.jpg]

I put the laughter in manslaughter
saynomore   08-29-2005, 08:22 PM
xmradiodave Wrote:Complete Shit!

INCOMPLETE SHIT!

AC

P.S. And it was unnessarily loud as well. Volume in lieu of suspense these days.
xmradiodave   08-29-2005, 08:24 PM
saynomore Wrote:INCOMPLETE SHIT!

AC

P.S. And it was unnessarily loud as well. Volume in lieu of suspense these days.

Whatever happened to the good ol' fashioned scary movies. Loud and cheesy jump scenes does not equal horror.

jimbow8   08-29-2005, 08:41 PM
xmradiodave Wrote:Whatever happened to the good ol' fashioned scary movies. Loud and cheesy jump scenes does not equal horror.
I agree. That long drawn out suspense that makes you want to crawl under the seat and/or dig your nails into the person next to you.... That is HORROR.

Disappointing reviews; I had high hopes for this one.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I agree. That long drawn out suspense that makes you want to crawl under the seat and/or dig your nails into the person next to you.... That is HORROR.

As did I! I think I'll still go see it. If I hate it I'll have no one to blame but myself. I really like the concept of this one. Since we can't consider it a horrer flick, maybe I'll view it as an adventure flick, yeah that's the ticket! Wink

KRW
xmradiodave   08-30-2005, 12:43 AM
KRW Wrote:As did I! I think I'll still go see it. If I hate it I'll have no one to blame but myself. I really like the concept of this one. Since we can't consider it a horrer flick, maybe I'll view it as an adventure flick, yeah that's the ticket! Wink

KRW
Enjoy your drive down disappointment boulevard!

jimbow8   08-30-2005, 01:42 AM
xmradiodave Wrote:Enjoy your drive down disappointment boulevard!
The street on which I live. Sad

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   09-01-2005, 06:59 PM
xmradiodave Wrote:Enjoy your drive down disappointment boulevard!

I alt least hope it's scenic! Big Grin

KRW
Dave   09-02-2005, 06:43 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I agree. That long drawn out suspense that makes you want to crawl under the seat and/or dig your nails into the person next to you.... That is HORROR.

The Descent is a British film along similar lines (cavers go somewhere deep). Reviews were good in the UK, but I can't find a US release date.

Ironically this film is set in the US but filmed in the UK. And The Cave is set in Europe but filmed in the US (I believe).

I think we may have mentioned The Descent previously.

Dave
Annice Burdeos   09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
saynomore Wrote:INCOMPLETE SHIT!

AC

There so many awful/terrible/inept etc movies being made that I need my eyesight

Why The Cave got made is beyond me. It was BORING!!!!!!!!!!!! Cole Hauser is like so many actors- he belongs in the supporting or non primary leading role.

That's Hollyweird! Its remakes, re sequels, re-hashes. And if that formula cannot be adhered to, then any originality is squashed until it neatly accomodates it.

Sure everyone is waiting to see King Kong. No matter how Jackson presents it, its still a variation of Beauty and the Beast.
Pages (2): 1 2