Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   08-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs! Do you remember them?

A few days ago I bought Miami Vice DVD-first season, and this evening I watched pilot episode. Oh, man! Today I saw it after an interval of about 20 years(Gosh...). Blue sea, shining sun, 80's music, beautiful ladies, gunshot, car chase....I felt it's still GREAT!

Miami Vice is still best TV series in our generation. That's '80s! Not '70s or '90s. Nevertheless, some people are trying remake of it. Sonny Crockett = Colin Farrel, Ricardo Tubbs = Jamie Foxx.....PLEASE, SOMEBODY STOP THEM!! Rolleyes
Maggers   08-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I agree, Kenji. And don't forget Michael Mann created "Miami Vice." Big Grin

I loved it then. It was such a breath of fresh air on TV. Loved the colors, loved the action, loved MIAMI! Great show, but I haven't seen it lately.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Miami Vice is probably my favorite TV show EVER! It pioneered the addition of music into primetime shows (or at least perfected it), although this has since been overused and abused. My favorite aspect of the show was that it often ended on a sour (downer) note.

My favorite episode:

"Evan" Episode: #1.21 - 3 May 1985
Al Israel .... Guzman
Christopher Murney .... Wilson
William Russ .... Evan Freed

Opening music was Rhythm of the Heat by Peter Gabriel.
Closing music was Biko by Peter Gabriel.

There were so many good episodes of this show.

Also check out Grand Theft Auto: Vice City the video game which practically lets you play in the Miami Vice world.
This post was last modified: 08-28-2005, 10:05 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
jimbow8   08-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Check out this awesome website:

http://www.miami-vice.org/

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
KRW   08-28-2005, 10:27 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Miami Vice is probably my favorite TV show EVER! It pioneered the addition of music into primetime shows (or at least perfected it), although this has since been overused and abused. My favorite aspect of the show was that it often ended on a sour (downer) note.

My favorite episode:

"Evan" Episode: #1.21 - 3 May 1985
Al Israel .... Guzman
Christopher Murney .... Wilson
William Russ .... Evan Freed

Opening music was Rhythm of the Heat by Peter Gabriel.
Closing music was Biko by Peter Gabriel.

There were so many good episodes of this show.

Also check out Grand Theft Auto: Vice City the video game which practically lets you play in the Miami Vice world.

Believe it, or not. I've never seen a single episode! If you think that's funny, consider the fact that I have liked Don Johnson in every movie he has made!
No Bull Sh--! Maybe I should check this series out.

KRW
t4terrific   08-28-2005, 10:30 PM
KRW Wrote:Believe it, or not. I've never seen a single episode! If you think that's funny, consider the fact that I have liked Don Johnson in every movie he has made!
No Bull Sh--! Maybe I should check this series out.

KRW

I never watched it either. I remember the song and the intro, but never actually watched an episode. Don Johnson always seemed too wimpy, to me, to play a tough guy cop.
jimbow8   08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
For you WHO fans, episode 25 (2.3) featured Baba O'Reilly (and Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms) in another stellar episode.

Eminence Front was in episode 47 (3.3).

KRW   08-28-2005, 11:07 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I never watched it either. I remember the song and the intro, but never actually watched an episode. Don Johnson always seemed too wimpy, to me, to play a tough guy cop.

After Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, I don't consider Don Johnson being wimpy. In fact, he played the part perfect!

KRW
t4terrific   08-29-2005, 02:53 AM
KRW Wrote:After Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, I don't consider Don Johnson being wimpy. In fact, he played the part perfect!

KRW

With that high pitched whiney voice? Sounds like he needs to blow his nose.
Kenji   08-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Hmm... Nobody does talk about Philip Michael Thomas as Tubbs? I like his character. Big Grin
Pages (2): 1 2